EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 31 May 2015, 01:42 PM   #16
Just Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
I have been using their private type for a trial.
what I am not satisfied is that this type doesn't support active sync, only business and business office types support that.
I found their business class email to be quite affordable, so I chose it. I'm completely satisfied.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2020, 04:14 AM   #17
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

30% Off All Private Email Plans

Quote:
Make sure you're better connected to customers, colleagues, and everyone else that really counts and celebrate Private Email's 9th birthday too. Get 30% off all plans with promo code PEbday30 until May 10th.
https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/email/
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2020, 07:53 AM   #18
TenFour
Cornerstone of the Community

Namecheap's Private Email is a bit of a "sleeper" around here. Quite good for the money, starting at only about $12 a year. Nothing amazing, but I found it reliable, trouble free, and easy to set up with your domain hosted at Namecheap.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2020, 11:39 PM   #19
SideshowBob

I think people may have been put off by the fact that, until recently, the basic account only allowed one alias. I think it may have been possible to create a catchall alias but that's likely to get a lot of spam.

It's gone up to 10 now, which is more reasonable .
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2020, 05:18 AM   #20
pandas

Does their 2FA support app passwords? From their docs, it looks like if you enable 2FA then you lost IMAP support.
pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2020, 06:59 AM   #21
SideshowBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandas View Post
Does their 2FA support app passwords? From their docs, it looks like if you enable 2FA then you lost IMAP support.
I think that's probably right. I'm in the middle of a trial and I asked their customer support live chat about this. I couldn't really get a straight answer, but I was told that they don't recommend IMAP in combination with webmail 2FA. I was told I might get logged out. After pushing him a bit I think he meant be unable to authenticate.

What makes this worse is that the 10 aliases I mentioned previously can't be used to compose an email in webmail. You need an external mail client if you want to send mail from them.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2020, 07:28 PM   #22
TenFour
Cornerstone of the Community

A bit OT, but we really need to move to better security systems for email and other important online accounts. I really wonder if having 2FA via SMS makes us less secure than just a long random password. The reason being there have been so many hacks of phone numbers recently, including many high-profile ones. Even when companies allow some other 2FA method, like an authenticator app or a security key, they often demand you have a phone number as a backup via SMS. That seems like it might defeat the security of the other methods. End of rant.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote