EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Sep 2019, 12:19 PM   #1
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Is search broken?

I've just had another experience of a sort that has occurred to me many times. I'm searching for a message containing a certain string pattern. In this particular case it's two words, call them Foo Bar, that appear in the message subject. Not substrings, but full words.

If I search All Mail, I do get some correct results. But the one I'm looking for is not included. I think it's probably in Trash, so I switch to search only Trash. NOW it shows up. Why does it not show up when searching All Mail?

This has happened to me many times in the past, but I failed to complain. Interested to know if others have seen this sort of irregularity.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Sep 2019, 05:05 PM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix View Post
If I search All Mail, I do get some correct results. But the one I'm looking for is not included. I think it's probably in Trash, so I switch to search only Trash. NOW it shows up. Why does it not show up when searching All Mail?
Check Include Spam and Trash in search in Advanced Search.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2019, 05:18 AM   #3
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Thanks. That seems like bad UI to me. I've never noticed that there before. All Mail should mean all mail. It would be better if there were an opt-out control rather than opt-in.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote