EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 20 Jun 2011, 03:45 AM   #16
rickm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSmurf View Post
Out of curiosity, have you tried logging into webmail as username@cia.com?
Yes, but only username@cybersurf.net works.

Quote:
When you say that POP stopped working. Do you mean that you can still POP the mailbox, but there are no messages? Or, do you mean that POP fails?
pop (fetchmail) gets an authentication error. When I telnet to port 25 and try to log in manually, I get "ERR Authentication failed".

Quote:
Try using mail.cia.com as the POP server instead.
I tried:

mail.cybersurf.net
mail.cia.com
mail.cia.net
mail.3web.com
mail.3web.net
and some others that I gleaned from email headers, such as
email-new.cia.com
mail.thinktel.ca

Since the support phone line goes straight into a recorded message saying they are having email problems, I'm hopeful that it will get fixed. I just posted all this since I had typed it up already when my wife called and heard the message.
rickm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2011, 10:29 AM   #17
rwarren

Unhappy i'm stuck too :(

this thread is the most up to date information I can find about what's going on.

I am also unable to receive email since Tuesday. Oddly enough I can dial in (yes I'm on dialup, no please don't make fun of that) and i can send email. but I can't receive. POP conenction to Pegasus Mail client, mail2web.com (what I use when not at home) and 3Web's webmail all report zero messages. However the dialer reports 146 waiting -- up from 145 all week.

Your suggestions to try different domains all produce a bunch of nothing for me.

I keep hoping this is not related to the Canada Post strike, because my account was one of the Canada Post promotional ones (also dating from 2000). I'm paid up for the next 6 months.

The phone message at 3Web is creepy. I've heard it a couple times in the past few days. I've asked for a credit for the service hiccup.
rwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2011, 09:57 AM   #18
tkosyk

Cia/Cybersurf/3web outgoing email

One of Cybersurf problems is that port 25 for outgoing emails has been blocked by Shaw and possibly other suppliers because of too many spams. You could try ports 587 and 2525 but there still is a problem with CIA servers.
tkosyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2011, 11:39 AM   #19
CyberSmurf

moderator: tkosyk, I moved the preceding post from the Gawab thread. I'm assuming that you accidentally clicked on the wrong link.
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:45 AM   #20
CyberSmurf

My messages and folders are back.

Test message to @3web.net alias still bouncing.

It seems that I have kept my e-mail account, but have lost my e-mail address. . . .

@3web.com & @cia.com work, but I don't think that I'll start using those in my correspondence. The account has effectively been orphaned.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 02:21 PM   #21
CyberSmurf

@3web.com and @cia.com usernames access the same mailbox again.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 06:17 AM   #22
quaildog

Problems continue

I'm in Ottawa and here it is June 27 and we still can't send emails. I'm with Comnet but I believe others with 3web and other Distributel companies (IGS, Cybersurf, Cyberus,...???) are also having problems. Some people can't send but can receive while others can't send or receive at all. I believe the problems started when they started having problems with some old servers and decided to replace them. Since then, it's been a total mess. The Comnet number in Ottawa still has the same recorded message as weeks ago saying that they have server problems and their engineers haven't given them any estimated time for a fix. A friend of mine on 3web was told about 10 days ago by a 3web service rep that it could take 3-4 weeks to fix. I wish Distributel and its' owned subsidiaries would give us some idea of what the problem is and what is being done to resolve it. Surely someone at Distributel has some info.
quaildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2011, 06:28 AM   #23
rwarren

Angry now it's everywhere....

Just tried the phone support now and it "major widespread network issues" affecting all services. No indication of when this will be resolved, other than "shortly."

This bites.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 11:45 PM   #24
Distributel_

Official Response

We apologize for any inconvenience any of our customer’s received. All issues were resolved over the weekend and mail operation should be working normally. In addition, all customers should be able to contact customer service without any problems. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Distributel Management
Distributel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jul 2011, 12:04 AM   #25
myscotties

3web now a disaster

Well I am now losing business because of this CIA, 3web, cybercurf email situation. I have been on hold listening to their bazaar music for over an hour and a half this am. When I called last week and got someone in accounting, they told me that they only supply email addresses as a courtesy service, and that is not what we pay for. I have been with them since they were free, so I am not really big on changing all of my company letterhead etc if an email address change is required. My blood is boiling with this company, thought it was great to support a small Canadian Company, definitely starting to rethink this..............
myscotties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jul 2011, 12:05 AM   #26
myscotties

3web now a disaster P.S.

Just read this - We apologize for any inconvenience any of our customer’s received. All issues were resolved over the weekend and mail operation should be working normally. In addition, all customers should be able to contact customer service without any problems. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Distributel Management -

BUT I AM STILL ON HOLD>>>>>>>>
Old 5 Jul 2011, 01:17 AM   #27
rwarren

Angry really?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distributel_ View Post
We apologize for any inconvenience any of our customer’s received. All issues were resolved over the weekend and mail operation should be working normally.
then please tell me why I STILL have no messages and my email is STILL bouncing!
Old 5 Jul 2011, 01:30 AM   #28
rickm

Doesn't work for me

I still can't fetch mail with pop from mailcybersurf.net which is redirected to mail.cia.com. It says the user/pswd are invalid.
rickm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jul 2011, 12:05 PM   #29
myscotties

3web still a disaster

Well my .com email addresses seem to be working, but still no luck with the .net, anybody else???
Old 5 Jul 2011, 02:55 PM   #30
Sherry

[Moderator:]

Distributel_, would you please send a PM to Edwin to see if you should be given Service Representative status. Thank you.

Welcome to the EMD Forums
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote