EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 2016, 12:17 PM   #31
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
I reluctantly moved to the new interface 6 months ago, I haven't gone back. Almost every special function I use is still there. Don't see a need to change. I love the new 2 factor implementation too. Much better than the old alternative logins. I'm staying.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 12:37 PM   #32
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

There are lots of features missing in the current UI

1 button to log out....we now have 2 stupid buttons...

You cant download an email with attachment, only the attachment can be downloaded to a zip file...or I cant wok out how to do it....

I cant drag and drop emails into folders any more

No full header in an email only raw header now

No options for a delete button on folders especially the trash

Like you I use the current UI as I know dam well F/mail will eventually make the old classic unusable.

I'm not leaving either as I cant find another email service which matches all the features F/mail.

Last edited by Terry : 24 Jul 2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 03:44 PM   #33
zsazs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
You cant download emails to a zip file...or I cant wok out how to do it....
Do you mean attachments? Click the checkbox next to the attachments you want to add to the zip and there will be a Download Zip button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I cant drag and drop emails into folders any more
Dragging and dropping messages between folders in the current interface works fine for me as it always has. And it's not even possible to do such a thing in the classic interface.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 04:09 PM   #34
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Actually I wanted to down load all the email but just the attachments will do.

Your correct about the drag and drop this must have changed in the last few months as it was the other way round.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Terry : 24 Jul 2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 08:36 PM   #35
Prognathous
Master of the @

I've been using Fastmail since August 2002 and am in the same boat. It's sad to see Fastmail gradually crippling the Classic interface without providing an alternative which isn't even more crippled. If you find a good alternative, I'd definitely want to hear about it.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 10:46 PM   #36
bblackmoor

I never did hear back from Slashmail.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 11:40 PM   #37
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblackmoor View Post
I never did hear back from Slashmail.
That's a shame because Paul or Dustin were normally quick in replying at least when I had an account there. I see Slashmail have abandoned Squirrelmail in favour of Roundcube for webmail.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 04:03 AM   #38
Mystakill
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post
I guess I'll have to uninstall Opera from my desktop and Android phones. Wouldn't want the P.L.A. to take over my computer and listen-in on my conversations -- that's what the NSA is for.
If you're also using it, I'd also highly suggest uninstalling Opera's VPN. China's very likely to exploit that as well, most likely through Opera's backend servers.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 05:45 AM   #39
wam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystakill View Post
If you're also using it, I'd also highly suggest uninstalling Opera's VPN. China's very likely to exploit that as well, most likely through Opera's backend servers.
Almost 70~80% of electronics we use at home or work are 'Made in China". Almost every electronic item made anywhere in the entire world has some part which is made in China. Yet media scares us from Chinese. Every mobile, every hard drive, every RAM module, every Router is either made in China or has parts which were made in China. I wont be surprised if parts of satellites providing us with internet are also 70% made in China.

In my view Chinese are friends of middle class people like me; Thanks to them they have reduced prices of electronics to a level where a person like me can purchase an iphone. I purchased a DJI Phantom 3 (Made in China) for US#499, just few years back a quad of 50% of DJI capability would cost US$4000.

Lets try to come out of the shells we are being forced into by Tv Channels, who strangely use Chinese camera and microphones to talk us into being scared of China.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 06:11 AM   #40
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by wam View Post
Almost 70~80% of electronics we use at home or work are 'Made in China".

Lets try to come out of the shells we are being forced into by Tv Channels, who strangely use Chinese camera and microphones to talk us into being scared of China.
China makes a lot of stuff, so we should trust them? I'm failing to see how those two points are related.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 07:46 AM   #41
bblackmoor

I'm not sure how my request for alternatives to Fastmail became the "I hate China" topic, but it would be nice if that conversation could go elsewhere.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 10:40 AM   #42
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblackmoor View Post
I'm not sure how my request for alternatives to Fastmail became the "I hate China" topic, but it would be nice if that conversation could go elsewhere.
Way off topic
Old 26 Jul 2016, 12:41 PM   #43
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Perhaps someone could lock the thread now ?
Old 26 Jul 2016, 06:03 PM   #44
JeffK

Yes people. A bit wayward and too close to politics.
Closed Thread