EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 23 Nov 2016, 02:40 AM   #46
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemesnekoff View Post
Thanks for Information about End-to-End Encrypted & Digital Signing Service. Your Post is impressive and very informative.

The Student Loan Help Center
We thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Mailfence Team
Mailfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2016, 01:41 AM   #47
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
OpenPGP encryption best practices !

Follow us on twitter/reddit - and keep yourself updated at all time.

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Old 7 Dec 2016, 11:15 PM   #48
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Strong case for encryption !

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Old 13 Dec 2016, 11:58 PM   #49
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
OpenPGP digital signature best practices!

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Old 24 Dec 2016, 12:49 AM   #50
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Mailfence Release Notes v4.5.007

Follow us on twitter/reddit and keep yourself posted.
- Mailfence Team
Old 27 Dec 2016, 01:52 AM   #51
correo

Hi!
I've been trying out your service and I think it's great. I am considering bringing my own domain to you, and your support has given me good information about this.
I am confused about dkim, though. Mailfence support said that once I move my domain over, they will take care of dkim signatures on their back end, and that I wouldn't need to do anything. But, don't I need to put a copy of the key in a dns txt record to make dkim work properly? Wouldn't mailfence need to provide me with some key value to put in this dns record?
Or maybe I am misunderstanding something.
Thanks!
correo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2016, 08:42 PM   #52
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by correo View Post
Hi!
I've been trying out your service and I think it's great. I am considering bringing my own domain to you, and your support has given me good information about this.
Quote:
I am confused about dkim, though. Mailfence support said that once I move my domain over, they will take care of dkim signatures on their back end, and that I wouldn't need to do anything. But, don't I need to put a copy of the key in a dns txt record to make dkim work properly? Wouldn't mailfence need to provide me with some key value to put in this dns record?
No, you don't have to put a copy of the key in your DNS txt record. Once you create an email address with your own domain and notify us that you would like to activate DKIM signing. We will then activate it from our side so that each of your email will get signed with Mailfence domain DKIM key. This takes away the burden of DKIM key generation, managing, rotation and safe disposal of compromised or obsolete or deprecated DKIM private keys from user's shoulder.
Old 29 Dec 2016, 10:09 PM   #53
correo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailfence View Post

No, you don't have to put a copy of the key in your DNS txt record. Once you create an email address with your own domain and notify us that you would like to activate DKIM signing. We will then activate it from our side so that each of your email will get signed with Mailfence domain DKIM key. This takes away the burden of DKIM key generation, managing, rotation and safe disposal of compromised or obsolete or deprecated DKIM private keys from user's shoulder.
Hi, thank you for the response. I'm confused though. Doesn't the dkim public key for a domain need to be published in the DNS record? I control my domain's DNS record, which is hosted at my domain registrar. Wouldn't I need to create a txt record with the dkim public key in order to properly validate emails sent from mydomain.com?

I have set this up with a few other providers, and that is how it always worked. Thanks again.
Old 30 Dec 2016, 03:51 AM   #54
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Quote:
Wouldn't I need to create a txt record with the dkim public key in order to properly validate emails sent from mydomain.com?
After you set-up your custom domain on mailfence account, and notify us that you'd like to use DKIM signing - we then add your domain name in a locally maintained list to activate the DKIM signing. All of your emails then get signed with Mailfence domain DKIM private key - this highly simplifies the whole process and make things (mentioned above) much easier for the end user.

Kind regards,
Mailfence Team.
Old 30 Dec 2016, 03:54 AM   #55
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Email security and privacy awareness course!

To mark the end of this year, we remind our users to remain vigilant when browsing or shopping online this holiday season. Ecards from unknown senders may contain malicious links. Fake advertisements or shipping notifications may deliver infected attachments. Spoofed email messages and fraudulent posts on social networking sites may request support for phony causes.

To avoid seasonal campaigns that could result in security breaches, identity theft, or financial loss, users are encouraged to take this generic email security and privacy awareness course!We wish all the users, happy holidays and an amazing new year!

- Mailfence Team
Old 30 Dec 2016, 06:01 AM   #56
correo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailfence View Post
After you set-up your custom domain on mailfence account, and notify us that you'd like to use DKIM signing - we then add your domain name in a locally maintained list to activate the DKIM signing. All of your emails then get signed with Mailfence domain DKIM private key - this highly simplifies the whole process and make things (mentioned above) much easier for the end user.

Kind regards,
Mailfence Team.
Thanks again for your reponse.

So then given what you've described, am I correct to think that when I send an email with mailfence using my custom domain (from an address like 'user@mydomain.tld') mailfence will apply a dkim signature associated with a different domain, something like "mydomain.tld.mailfence.com" rather than for the domain "mydomain.tld"?

Cheers and Happy New Year-
Old 3 Jan 2017, 11:45 PM   #57
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Quote:
Thanks again for your reponse.

So then given what you've described, am I correct to think that when I send an email with mailfence using my custom domain (from an address like 'user@mydomain.tld') mailfence will apply a dkim signature associated with a different domain, something like "mydomain.tld.mailfence.com" rather than for the domain "mydomain.tld"?

Cheers and Happy New Year-
Yes, a signature using mailfence.com domain private DKIM key will be applied.

Happy new year to you too.

Kind regards,
Mailence Team.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 02:53 AM   #58
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
How to migrate Yahoo mail to Mailfence!

- Mailfence Team
Old 26 Jan 2017, 12:01 AM   #59
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Support for electronic freedom and email privacy

- Mailfence Team
Old 3 Feb 2017, 02:30 AM   #60
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Tips to backup your data securely

- Mailfence Team