EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16 Mar 2024, 04:22 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 2,163

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
safe-mail.net

do you know why safe-mail.net doesn't even have a MX record?
so all messages to @safe-mail.net will go to their A address?

jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Mar 2024, 08:03 PM   #2
Folio
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 77
Wow. The "why" is a mystery to me (and, yes, senders should use the A record in the absence of an MX record). Just out of curiosity I looked up their SPF record.

Code:
safe-mail.net. 900 IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx a:orange.safe-mail.net a:pitango.safe-mail.net a:mango.safe-mail.net a:pop.safe-mail.net -all"
I find it interesting that orange, pitango, and mango all DO have MX records.

Last edited by Folio : 16 Mar 2024 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Remove mistaken information
Folio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2024, 09:02 PM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 1,751
It appears a free account at safe-mail.net only lasts for 4 months, or am I misreading this?

Quote:
Free registration is now restricted to 4 months.
The new Evaluation option: new users registering for the first time can pay $5 and get 10MB storage for one year.
Free users may enroll for one of the Premium programs, starting at $25 for one year.
For any question regarding registration, please send your message to register at safe-mail.net.
Important: Free accounts not used (successfully signed-in) for over 4 months will be disabled. Premium users will be subject to this rule starting 3 years AFTER they become Free. Invite and Evaluation accounts will be subject to this rule starting one year AFTER they become Free. Disabled accounts will not be restored.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2024, 06:36 AM   #4
Bamb0
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,878
Thankfully I got my account BEFORE they started limiting it to 4 months..... (I have had mine a couple years (But yours is better Jeff (More reliable))

They are so worried about spammers sending spam off thier system but WHAT ABOUT THE SPAM I AM GETTING THERE!!!!! (They dont seem to give a rats tail and thats sad)
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2024, 06:45 AM   #5
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 2,163

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
(But yours is better Jeff (More reliable))
We now have 100+ paid users (xyamail.com) , and it's only $12/y for unlimited domains, unlimited aliases.
We are using Fastmail as the delivery gateway, so it has a good delivery capability.
Here is the payment option ($12/y lifetime) for a invitation which can be used to sign up xyamail.
https://mail.xyamail.com/discount.html

Thanks.

Last edited by jeffpan : 28 Mar 2024 at 07:20 AM.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2024, 11:11 PM   #6
Bamb0
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,878
Ya mean when 1 sends a message it goes thru fastmails network then to the net??

Thats interesting buddy

Last edited by Bamb0 : 27 Mar 2024 at 04:20 AM.
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2024, 01:03 AM   #7
trikotret
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
We now have 100+ paid users (xyamail.com) , and it's only $12/y for unlimited domains, unlimited aliases.
We are using Fastmail as the delivery gateway, so it has a good delivery capability.
do you have a mobile app?
trikotret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2024, 03:35 AM   #8
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 2,163

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
do you have a mobile app?
Sorry none.
But Snappy webmail does work well
on mobile browser.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Apr 2024, 03:28 AM   #9
north
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: north
Posts: 175
$12/y lifetime can you please explain.
north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Apr 2024, 05:08 AM   #10
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 2,163

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by north View Post
$12/y lifetime can you please explain.
Sorry I just meant both the first payment and the renewal price are $12/y.
The invitation is automatically issued to your paypal email after payment.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2024, 02:22 AM   #11
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Posts: 2,341
In the past safe-mail.net was my favourite email provider. But a couple of years ago they had technical problems and by the time those were fixed, several of the emails I stored in that account were lost. At that point I decided to go elsewhere. Especially since, for privacy sensitive accounts, I had discovered other options such as Protonmail (which did not exist yet when I started using Safe-Mail).

Also, the support of Safe-Mail was very hard to reach via email, so the few times I needed support I had to call to their Israel-based office (but must add they resolved the issue well via telephone). Storage was 3 MB only which was fine for an account I used only for very secure emails rather than daily email traffic. But now Protonmail does a great job for privacy-sensitive emails, and they offer 500 MB (and apparently increase to 1 GB is on the table) for a free account.

Hence, I would say Safe-Mail isn't the best option for secure email anymore.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2024, 04:10 AM   #12
pippopippo204
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Italy - Ciao a tutti !!!
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
In the past safe-mail.net was my favourite email provider. But a couple of years ago they had technical problems and by the time those were fixed, several of the emails I stored in that account were lost. At that point I decided to go elsewhere. Especially since, for privacy sensitive accounts, I had discovered other options such as Protonmail (which did not exist yet when I started using Safe-Mail).

Also, the support of Safe-Mail was very hard to reach via email, so the few times I needed support I had to call to their Israel-based office (but must add they resolved the issue well via telephone). Storage was 3 MB only which was fine for an account I used only for very secure emails rather than daily email traffic. But now Protonmail does a great job for privacy-sensitive emails, and they offer 500 MB (and apparently increase to 1 GB is on the table) for a free account.

Hence, I would say Safe-Mail isn't the best option for secure email anymore.

My free account already has 1GB.
pippopippo204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2024, 03:36 AM   #13
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Posts: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopippo204 View Post
My free account already has 1GB.
Odd. Mine was still at 500 MB when I last checked two weeks ago.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2024, 06:26 AM   #14
Bamb0
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopippo204
My free account already has 1GB.
Do you use safe mail?

My free acct there is I believe 3 Megs......
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2024, 09:56 AM   #15
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 2,163

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Do you use safe mail?

My free acct there is I believe 3 Megs......
No. He means protonmail.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 11:01 AM.

 

Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2022. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy