EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 11 Mar 2016, 01:27 AM   #1
gj15

We're closing your O2 email

Why?

We used to give all our customers a free o2.co.uk email account. Some people used it, but lots didn't - preferring to use other email services like Gmail or Outlook accounts (Hotmail) instead. So, from 7 June 2016, all o2.co.uk email accounts will be closed. You won't be able to send or get emails using ***@o2.co.uk after this date.

What about all my emails, attachments and contacts?

We can show you how to transfer your contacts, email addresses and attachments to Gmail and Outlook accounts (Hotmail). Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 7 June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up either a Gmail or Outlook account (Hotmail) to move them to.

We’ll be in touch again before 7 June, just to remind you of what’s happening. Until then, we hope this won’t cause too much trouble.

All the best,
The O2 Team
gj15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 Mar 2016, 03:27 AM   #2
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj15 View Post
Why?

We used to give all our customers a free o2.co.uk email account. Some people used it, but lots didn't - preferring to use other email services like Gmail or Outlook accounts (Hotmail) instead. So, from 7 June 2016, all o2.co.uk email accounts will be closed. You won't be able to send or get emails using ***@o2.co.uk after this date.

What about all my emails, attachments and contacts?

We can show you how to transfer your contacts, email addresses and attachments to Gmail and Outlook accounts (Hotmail). Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 7 June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up either a Gmail or Outlook account (Hotmail) to move them to.

We’ll be in touch again before 7 June, just to remind you of what’s happening. Until then, we hope this won’t cause too much trouble.

All the best,
The O2 Team
I thought they had closed o2 email a few years ago, although mine escaped at the time. Maybe this is the final curtain.
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2016, 06:27 PM   #3
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Hadn't heard anything for uyears about it, they were one of the companies that provided a customised webmail interface.I think they had built it themselves so it is a shame to see it close.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2016, 10:48 PM   #4
cheviot
Essential Contributor

Mine was shut down roughly April of last year; same message, exact same wording, only thing different was the date of termination. The service continued to work for a few days after as far as remote access via POP3 and SMTP, but eventually came to an unceremonious end...
cheviot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2016, 01:54 AM   #5
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
I thought they had closed o2 email a few years ago
There are numerous "Disgusted and Outraged" posts on the internet about the closure dating from 2013. Seems you need three years to finally pull the plug.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2016, 06:11 PM   #6
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Ah, they did close the system down around then and once before that, I can't remember the years but remembering noticing it on here I thnk and O2's website.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote