EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 23 Dec 2006, 04:27 AM   #1
ericd

Thumbs down Just renewed to buy some time

I just renewed and paid the $50 price for the first time. Unfortunately, the Spam deluge is going to drive me away from Runbox. As I read the forums, the message that Runbox seems to be conveying is that it's my fault that I get Spam because I haven't set up enough filters correctly yet. I have about 130 set up. The other message that I'm picking up is that I shouldn't be troubled by the 100+ spam messages that I receive daily. Yes, they are going in my trash folder, but I still have to look through them and delete them each day. As I understand it, there are people using other email services that either see none, or precious little spam. That's what I want. I don't want to see or sort through the Spam.
ericd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Dec 2006, 04:40 AM   #2
net14

I think I feel the same way you do. I can relate to everything you said.
net14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2006, 07:41 AM   #3
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Normally, the internal spam filters should sort 90-95% of incoming spam to the designated spam folder and you shouldn't have to set up manual filters for this purpose.

We recommend that you set up a new folder "Spam" and reconfigure your spam filter to use that folder instead of "Trash". This makes it easier to scan for misclassified legitimate messages. To simplify this task even further, please refer to our Advanced Spam Filtering help page.

I personally have no manual filters for spam filtering, and no blocked senders. I rely entirely on the internal spam filters, and the above setup currently keeps 96-98% of incoming spam (200-250 messages per day) away from my Inbox -- and just a small amount requires manual verification.

Spam is troubling to everyone, not just Runbox users. The amount of spam received varies as much between Runbox accounts as between a given Runbox account and an account with another service.

After we tuned our spam filter servers and improved filtering performance, the spam filter configurations described here should work well for most users: Detect junk mail

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote