EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 3 Sep 2008, 02:32 PM   #1
WillF

Reliable service. SMTP a priority. Need to switch fast

Hey Guys,

Work at a small customer service company, outgoing mail server is very important obviously. For the past year+ we have been using Fusemail. Last couple of days they are bouncing to verizon, sbc, hotmail and a few other small ones with messages of blacklists.

So that's not good at all. Happening across more than one of their outgoing servers as well. At the very least we would like to get some backup accounts setup at trusted companies for outgoing mail.

A pop3 box is needed as we keep a backup of all emails coming in, but the outgoing being whitelisted or at least monitored and hitting all major ISPs all of the time is critical.

Not concerned with price, just needs to work and get the mail there.

Any company suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
WillF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Sep 2008, 02:57 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillF View Post
Not concerned with price, just needs to work and get the mail there.
There are a few companies I could suggest (but I won't) I will instead suggest that you keep your options open (at this point in time) and look at the companies that will be recommended (by members here) A reliable interim solution might be to look at pobox dot com (who's SMTP and other services are rock solid) - but check with support (if they can handle your volume)

Welcome to the forums Willf.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Sep 2008, 06:35 PM   #3
ankupan
Cornerstone of the Community

my first choice is www.mailtrust.com

My business emails are hosted with them from last three years and never got any issue. Customer support is superb similar to their uptime.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Sep 2008, 04:03 AM   #4
pin
Essential Contributor

I would recommend Tuffmail. Their service is excellent. I left Fusemail and moved to Tuffmail over two years ago and have not looked back since...
pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Sep 2008, 06:47 AM   #5
WillF

Thanks guys.

I called mailtrust, and they have an hourly limit in place that you cannot go over. No option to pay more or any other plans either..

Looks like I just missed tuffmails support hours, so will give them a call tomorrow and see. Outgoing limits may be an issue, not really sure of any companies that provide smtp outgoing services like we need. I've seen ESP type companies, but haven't seen any that support smtp.

Any advice or more companies would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 4 Sep 2008, 08:18 AM   #6
nbarr

Rollernet might be worth a look for you.
nbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Sep 2008, 03:06 PM   #7
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillF View Post
Thanks guys.

I called mailtrust, and they have an hourly limit in place that you cannot go over. No option to pay more or any other plans either..

Looks like I just missed tuffmails support hours, so will give them a call tomorrow and see. Outgoing limits may be an issue, not really sure of any companies that provide smtp outgoing services like we need. I've seen ESP type companies, but haven't seen any that support smtp.

Any advice or more companies would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Will, how many outbound e-mails do you need per day per account ?
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Sep 2008, 04:42 PM   #8
WillF

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_B View Post
Hi Will, how many outbound e-mails do you need per day per account ?
Well, I was trying to figure out the other day exactly how much we send.. And really there isn't an easy way to tell since our ticket system gets a lot of spam which gets deleted.. Each one of those gets an autoreply sent out and aren't in our reports.

If I had to guess.. Autoreplies/ticket replies.. 500-600 emails a day go out. Maybe less.. Hoping to be more soon if we can land some new clients.

No sales or promotion, just billing/customer support.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 09:17 PM   #9
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Theoretically auto-replies shouldn't be sent out to Spam messages.

in any case, I can't recommend our service myself but I can extend our promotion to you in case you have an urgent need for e-mail service. You can use it while you figure out which provide you wish to go with.
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2008, 12:40 AM   #10
Fenman

I hope that WillF finds a suitable solution. Along with that I feel a deep concern that Fastmail finds itself on a number of significant blacklists for at least a couple of days as stated.

Nobody has offered any suggestions about overcoming that obstacle - just by working round it.

Is it a given of using Fastmail SMTP that we should expect it to be on a number of blacklists at any given time?
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2008, 02:42 AM   #11
zhak
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenman View Post
I hope that WillF finds a suitable solution. Along with that I feel a deep concern that Fastmail finds itself on a number of significant blacklists for at least a couple of days as stated.

Nobody has offered any suggestions about overcoming that obstacle - just by working round it.

Is it a given of using Fastmail SMTP that we should expect it to be on a number of blacklists at any given time?
They said Fusemail, not Fastmail.
zhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2008, 06:12 AM   #12
WillF

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_B View Post
Theoretically auto-replies shouldn't be sent out to Spam messages.

in any case, I can't recommend our service myself but I can extend our promotion to you in case you have an urgent need for e-mail service. You can use it while you figure out which provide you wish to go with.
We do billing support. We cannot put in place all that many filters as to ignore customers.. Every email that does make it gets an autoreply.. No way around it without missing at least some customers and that isn't a very good option
Old 5 Sep 2008, 06:52 AM   #13
nbarr

WillF

I cannot address the issue of whether or not sending mail via Polarismail.com will be the answer to your problem of making it past the Spam filters at other services. This is a global problem to which there is no ultimate solution.
I can point out by my own experience (and dare I say, by comments of other EMD members) that Polarismail.com is a very reliable Email Service Provider.
Realmetrics, not an end all be all of "metrics" to go by, but one of many sources to use in making an Email Service decision, rates them very highly as you can see.

Best of luck.
nbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2008, 01:45 PM   #14
Fenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhak View Post
They said Fusemail, not Fastmail.
I am most sorry!
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2008, 02:44 AM   #15
zhak
Master of the @

Not a worry, you had 75% of the letters correct, with the first capitalized letter right and the whole second syllable right.

I do this all the time, as I get older (I'm 50). Ouch!
zhak is offline   Reply With Quote