EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 29 Jan 2022, 06:39 PM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Introducing Zillum

Quote:
Introducing Zillum: where your family can build your online home
https://www.zoho.com/blog/zillum/zil...-families.html
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Jan 2022, 07:32 PM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

Great timing with the free legacy G Suite shutting down and causing lots of angst! Unfortunately, from reading around the Internet a bit I see lots of complaints about regular Zoho reliability, spam filtering, etc. The single greatest feature of Gmail is their tremendous spam/phishing/hacking filtering. I almost never see a single malicious email in my inbox and I have been using the same Gmail address for 16 years. Today if you don't have amazing filters your own email is the biggest security problem in your digital life. In comparison, my business-grade Outlook from Microsoft flows dangerous emails into my inbox on a daily basis while at the same time putting important emails from longtime correspondents I want to see in the Junk folder. Have not used a Zoho product in years, so maybe things have improved since I last tried them.

EDIT: Pricing here in USA: $5.83 for 3, $9.17 for 5, $16.67 for 10 (per month). The tiers include quite a bit of email and file storage, shared among the family. For 3 you get 75GB (email) and 500GB (files), for 5 you get 125GB and 1TB, for 10 you get 250GB and 2TB. The tiers include the Zoho office suite, Cliq chat, and Vault for passwords. Depending on which of these services you use the price points might make sense, but I have a feeling a lot of people here in the USA will simply use Microsoft 365 for a family or iCloud+ with associated Apple products. For example, Microsoft's family plan is $99.95 a year and provides 6 people with 1TB each of storage, plus all the Microsoft Office apps.

Last edited by TenFour : 29 Jan 2022 at 07:47 PM.
TenFour is online now   Reply With Quote