EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 4 May 2020, 11:36 PM   #1
just1acc
Essential Contributor

Thats totaling your google space.

Go to https://one.google.com/u/0/storage?hl=en see for further details and do accordingly.
just1acc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 May 2020, 07:52 PM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

The Google support page is useful on this issue: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6374270?hl=en

One option would be to purchase an additional 100GB of storage for $1.99 a month or $20 a year. Check for Android phone backups using storage, Google Photos, and be sure your Spam folder is empty too.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2020, 02:33 PM   #3
EricG
Essential Contributor

I opened the Google Account storage page. Only 1.5GB, but Drive is 1.0. I don't see any way to show usage by folder. Can't see where Android keeps backups. I did notice my old photos are still there, but they are also copied to Google Photos.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2020, 07:28 PM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

Any photos in Google Drive count against your storage, and if they are at original quality in Photos they will also count against your storage--so double counting. You can convert the photos to "High Quality" in Photos and they would then not count against the storage. If you go to Google Drive, on the left is a label Storage, with the amount below. Click on the amount of storage used and you'll get a list of files in order of size. In the upper right on that screen you will see a label Backups. Click on that to see various backups of phones.
Old 11 May 2020, 12:35 PM   #5
EricG
Essential Contributor

I know about Storage, but I want to select folders under My Drive and get their size. The info sidebar only works for files.

I didn't see Backups, but it has the same problem. I can't see total or device sizes.

This is basic file management. I could do it 50 years ago!
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 07:00 PM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

Complain to Google about how you want the interface to work, but good luck with that! I think the reason that Storage only shows you the big files taking up storage space is because anything in the Google formats, Docs, Sheets, Slides, doesn't take up any space. Photos only in Google Photos doesn't take up space. The Backups label can be clicked on and you can see how much space is being taken by each device. Backups appears in the upper right just below the Settings Icon.