EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 29 Aug 2011, 05:11 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Domain Hosting

How long does it take for DNS settings to propagate when using runbox to host domain email? Thanks for your thoughts.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Aug 2011, 09:46 AM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

@ sheprd:

As stated in your other thread, the time for your domain to propagate, will depend on the TTL, which you would set (or change) at the registrar where your domain name is registered.

As an oversimplification...... think of it like this, that your new mail host will not be able to take command of your domain name, until your old host (or registrar) has let go of it .
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2011, 10:35 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks David for your response. The domain TTL is 1800 or a half hour. I am curious as to how long runbox would take to have a user up and running. Using FM i let it propagate 48 hours and aborted and gave up. If runbox is a lot shorter then it might warrant a try..
Old 29 Aug 2011, 11:51 AM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Thanks David for your response. The domain TTL is 1800 or a half hour. I am curious as to how long runbox would take to have a user up and running. Using FM i let it propagate 48 hours and aborted and gave up. If runbox is a lot shorter then it might warrant a try..
I would suggest to read Bill's last post (in the other thread) - I am thinking that something might be amiss, and that perhaps your 'nameserver' settings are incorrect
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2011, 12:20 PM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Runbox is not going to have to worry about hosting email if they can't fix the setup so an average user can plug in the domain. I have searched for an hour trying to find where to plug in the domain. Directions tell oiver and over to do this

1.Enter a domain name that you own or administer.
2.Select [Catch all] if you want your Runbox account to receive all email sent to that domain, or specify Aliases or Accounts for your domain later.
3.Press [Add Domain] when you're done. Your domain will be listed with status "Pending".
4.Set the MX part of your DNS record to point to "mx.runbox.com" in your domain hosting service. Runbox will automatically check your DNS record at short intervals (10 min), and change the status of the domain entry to "Active" once your record has been verified

Where in the h*** is the slot to enter the domain name?
One direction says click host email Adminstration or something like that but that carries a user back to email interface. I am disgusted with this deal. FM mail makes it so simple Google does also Yes I have already set my mx records to runbox.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 04:17 AM   #6
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

I have been informed by Liz that my acct level didn't support domain email hosting. If I pay $4.95 more I can have it. If someone wilol help me I am willing to try it. When I try to add the extra money, It wants to charge me $19.95 and the $4.95. I paid the $19.95 when I subscribed to RB. Don;t want to pay it again. Any suggestions welcome.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 04:06 PM   #7
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi,

Just select No subscription at the top, then the add-on for email hosting, thank you.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote