EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 17 Jun 2005, 12:24 AM   #1
bogaert

pop email problem

I am new to this forum, so a apologize in advance if the question appears to be naive.

In the "Manage/Retrieve" section, I have set al the information for a pop server (port 110, activated, leave mail on server), but when I am using the "Retrieve pop" button in the "Webmail" section, I got the message "The retrieve process has been started" and nothing happens even after several minutes.

Of course, I have make sure that there are emails to be retrieved from this pop server by sending mail to it with a simultaneous copy to my runbox account. I got the second one in my runbox inbox, but I do not get the frist one by using the "Retrieve pop" button.

I guess this is not normal, but how could I make it working, please ?
bogaert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Jun 2005, 01:05 AM   #2
war17
The "e" in e-mail

bogaert,

Welcome to the EMD forum. Which account are you trying to poll? Are you doing this from Runbox webmail?
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2005, 01:13 AM   #3
bogaert

> Which account are you trying to poll?

I am trying to retrieve from our server at the University (it should works fine normally, as I am already doing this using Outlook on my laptop when I am at home).

> Are you doing this from Runbox webmail?

Yes, that was the way I did it.

It is important to me to do it from webmail as I need to be able to read my professional email when I am abroad without my laptop (and this by leaving the message on the server so I still have the messages on my professional account when I am back at the office).
Old 17 Jun 2005, 01:20 AM   #4
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
POP Retrieve gets batch processed with all the other POP Retrieve requests. When it says "has been started" it just means it has been submitted for batch processing (at least that's my understanding). It may take a little while before your retrieve request gets processed.

Also, go back and check the "Last retrieval" of the POP Retrieve for that account.

For example, one of mine shows:

Last retrieval: 16.06.2005 11:12 Failed: 0

Which means the last attempt was successful.

But another one shows:

Last retrieval: 16.06.2005 03:58 Failed: 2

Which means the last two attempts failed.

If there is no "Last retrieval" information then it hasn't been processed yet. If it failed then double check your settings. If it was successful, then you might want to make sure that your test mail is in the POP account before you attempt to retrieve it.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2005, 01:36 AM   #5
bogaert

Thank you caverrn for all these information. Indeed, I got the following

Last retrieval: Failed: 0

so according to this, there has never been any retrieval. This looks strange, as I have been trying for more than one hour now.

I will keep trying with the automatic 10 minutes retrieval till tomorrow morning when I will be back at the office. If nothing happened, then something is definitively wrong. We will see.

Anyway, thank youy for your help, and I will keep you informed.

Regards.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 01:50 AM   #6
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
If it continues to show nothing in the "Last retrieval" then try deleting the entry and re-adding it. Some people have said that seems to work.

If that doesn't work contact SUPPORT at RUNBOX dot COM. Make sure you REPLY to the autoresponse you get back and then you will get back a Ticket# assignment for support.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2005, 02:22 AM   #7
bogaert

Hi Rich,

OK, I got it.

The 10 minutes automatic retrieve trick seems to work fine; I have tried successfully it with 2 different pop servers. Nevertheless, for both of them, the manual retrieve does not work. Could be a temporary problem, I don't know. Anyway, I can deal with a 10 minutes delay.

Thank a lot for the time you spent answering to me.

Regards,

Patrick