EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Aug 2013, 07:00 PM   #1
jayhen

Synchronise Google contacts

Google account contacts allow contacts to be easily sync'd between Android, Mac and Gmail. Switching to Fastmail means I no longer have a way to keep my contacts in sync. It would be great to be able to add Google account authorisation for automatic synchronisation. As far as I'm concerned this is vital functionality.
jayhen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Oct 2013, 02:41 PM   #2
sremick

I agree. The solitary missing feature of FastMail is no way to access my contacts (which I store on Google/Gmail even though I don't use Gmail for email). Fastmail's own contacts is far too-lacking and there's no way to keep my phone and Thunderbird contacts syncronized with 2-way sync. By storing my contacts on Google, I can... leaving Fastmail (where my email is actually stored) as the only means of accessing my email where I can't in-turn access my contacts (from the web interface).

Some sort of sync, even 1-way from Google to Contacts (so "read-only" would be fine) would fill this void and solve a huge problem/deficiency.
sremick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2013, 04:03 AM   #3
axtg

+1

I do my e-mail via Fastmail since like forever. Loving it, but if I have to write to someone that I added to my Android (read: Google contacts) device, I need to check that service for the e-mail address when writing from FM.

Read only contact syncing would allow me to use contact stored at Google.

Thank you.
axtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2013, 12:25 AM   #4
bobbele

Read-only would already be a good feature

I've been synch'ing my google contacts with several devices and applications and sometimes some, well, disappear... so I'd maybe prefer read-only for safety.
bobbele is offline   Reply With Quote