EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 31 May 2012, 02:54 AM   #31
lane
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_B View Post
... Local Delivery should always be enabled but below it there is an option to save your sent mails in a specific folder...
What does Local Delivery actually do? I notice it is set to "Disabled" in my control panel, though I don't remember setting that.

I think I assumed that "Enabled" meant that email I sent, which was addressed to one of my domains added to my Polarismail account, would be delivered locally (i.e., automatically to Polarismail). If "Disabled", then your system would look up the current MX server for the recipient domain and send it there even if it were not Polarismail. Did I guess incorrectly?
lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2012, 03:22 AM   #32
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane View Post
What does Local Delivery actually do? I notice it is set to "Disabled" in my control panel, though I don't remember setting that.

I think I assumed that "Enabled" meant that email I sent, which was addressed to one of my domains added to my Polarismail account, would be delivered locally (i.e., automatically to Polarismail). If "Disabled", then your system would look up the current MX server for the recipient domain and send it there even if it were not Polarismail. Did I guess incorrectly?
You did

Local Delivery means that a copy of your e-mail gets stored in your mailbox, on our servers.

Local Delivery gets disabled automatically by other processes such as Vacation Message or various Incoming Rules since it would cause dual delivery of messages. Most of the times you don't have to touch it, unless you have a specific requirement.
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2012, 03:45 AM   #33
petergh
Master of the @

Quote:
Out of curiosity, do many people prefer LDAP over CardDAV ?
I'd prefer LDAP, but that's only because Thunderbird supports it natively. I can find no other way of syncing contacts with Polarismail via TB?
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2012, 07:03 AM   #34
emoore
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Out of curiosity, do many people prefer LDAP over CardDAV ?
Thunderbird supports reading contacts from a LDAP server, but not modifying them. It doesn't look like that will ever change (11 year old bug report). So I'd prefer CardDAV (using the SOGo connector add-on or something lighter weight if I can find it).

http://www.sogo.nu/english/downloads/frontends.html
http://www.heber.it/wordpress/?p=119#anchor_1
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=86405

Last edited by emoore : 31 May 2012 at 07:08 AM.
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2012, 10:57 AM   #35
mrsmashy

Quote:
What is the CardDAV client ? Our current implementation doesn't work well with some clients but in the new version there should be no issues.
KDE's Kontact suite supports WebDAV, so it can sync contacts and calendars.
mrsmashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2012, 12:09 AM   #36
mrsmashy

Hi George_b,
Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but if I make changes using a CardDAV client, will those be reflected on my Android using ActiveSync and vice versa?

I think this is the only remaining question I have before I start migrating (hopefully over the weekend).
Thanks!
Old 2 Jun 2012, 02:04 PM   #37
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmashy View Post
Hi George_b,
Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but if I make changes using a CardDAV client, will those be reflected on my Android using ActiveSync and vice versa?

I think this is the only remaining question I have before I start migrating (hopefully over the weekend).
Thanks!
Yes, changes made in CardDAV or CalDAV will be reflected on your Android phone using ActiveSync.

The only issue at the moment is that we are in the process of updating SabreDAV ( CardDAV runs on SabreDAV ) so it won't work right now. I'm guessing we will deploy the new interface in about two weeks so it should all be fine then.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 05:09 AM   #38
mrsmashy

Quote:
Yes, changes made in CardDAV or CalDAV will be reflected on your Android phone using ActiveSync.

The only issue at the moment is that we are in the process of updating SabreDAV ( CardDAV runs on SabreDAV ) so it won't work right now. I'm guessing we will deploy the new interface in about two weeks so it should all be fine then.
Thanks. Will you make an announcement, either on the forums or on your blog, when this upgrade is complete?
Old 4 Jun 2012, 02:58 PM   #39
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmashy View Post
Thanks. Will you make an announcement, either on the forums or on your blog, when this upgrade is complete?
We will make an announcement on our blog and most likely here as well
Old 7 Jun 2012, 03:29 AM   #40
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Fixed. There was an issue with a folder name that had accents in it but it got solved pretty easily. Try again now.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Now I get a confirmation for the folder "Sent items". But after logging out and in again, I see that it's set to "Don't save". So it doesn't remember the settings.
krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jun 2012, 04:27 AM   #41
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlin View Post
I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Now I get a confirmation for the folder "Sent items". But after logging out and in again, I see that it's set to "Don't save". So it doesn't remember the settings.
fixed again. sorry about that.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 06:42 AM   #42
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Quote:
fixed again. sorry about that.
Thank you George! I can now confirm that it works!
krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2012, 01:31 PM   #43
goob

Update: I found the email address for Polarismail support. I will leave my comment here, however, and update it with the resolution once I find what that is.

-----------------------

I wasn't sure whether to create a new topic for this, but figured I'd just post here.

I signed up for a Polarismail account and like what I see so far. I *love* FM but really want integrated tasks. Polarismail seems to do this nicely, but I ran into a problem when trying to save an email message as a task. I get the following error which prevents the task popup from appearing:

Could not find relational ACL: tasklist.acl_id (tasklist) in GO_Tasks_Model_Task with pk: 0

Is saving an email message as a task working for anyone else? I can save it as an appointment, note, or link.

I did delete the default task list in the web interface while playing around with an android app trying to get different task lists to show up (gave up on that), so I'm not sure if that is causing my issue.

Thanks!

By the way I didn't see a way to email support, and the chat system had an "afk" status, so I am posting here. Apologies if this is the wrong place.

Last edited by goob : 18 Sep 2012 at 01:46 PM.
goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2012, 06:17 PM   #44
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Here works too. We also received your e-mail at support.

We ran an upgrade on the Enhanced webmail tonight and your issue got fixed at upgrade time.

You could have also fixed it by going to: Settings -> Tasks -> select default task list.

It got thrown off after you removed the original one.
Old 20 Sep 2012, 02:36 PM   #45
goob

Has anyone been able to get task categories to sync using Activesync with an Android app? My categories don't show with either Touchdown or Moxier, and Moxier says "No data" for the categories even though I used the Polarismail web site to create some before synching.

Is this a known issue with Activesync / Android? I've been googling this for a while but haven't yet found any explanations.

Thanks!

------------

merged with previous message to avoid spamming the forum with my posts

Quote:
Here works too. We also received your e-mail at support.

We ran an upgrade on the Enhanced webmail tonight and your issue got fixed at upgrade time.

You could have also fixed it by going to: Settings -> Tasks -> select default task list.

It got thrown off after you removed the original one.
Working beautifully now, thanks!!
goob is offline   Reply With Quote