EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 8 May 2018, 10:28 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

eumx.net question

Anyone know how to send email to Squirrel interface? I can log in to it but can't send mail to it. I can send to some eumx inter face
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 May 2018, 02:38 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

It seems that the squirell interface does not automatically refresh when a new message arrives, you have to click INBOX in the narrow panel on the left to force refresh.

I sent a message from another site to eumx and it showed in Horde immediately, but not until I clicked INBOX in Squirrel. Ok, I waited only a few minutes, possibly auto-refresh kicks in after something like 10 minutes or so??

May be this can be changed somewhere e.g. in Options, but (to put it politely) I'm not very keen on Squirellmail, so I'm happy to let somebody else to play with it :-)

And now the nit-picking section: one doesn't send email to an interface, one views email in an interface.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 06:28 PM   #3
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
It seems that the squirell interface does not automatically refresh when a new message arrives, you have to click INBOX in the narrow panel on the left to force refresh.
You're right. In the upper left corner of the Folders pane there is a link to 'check mail'.
It refreshes the folder list immediately.

Quote:
May be this can be changed somewhere e.g. in Options, but (to put it politely) I'm not very keen on Squirellmail, so I'm happy to let somebody else to play with it :-)
Yes, go to Options --> Folder Preferences --> Auto Refresh Folder List and change the time to your needs. Default is 10 minutes.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 10:58 PM   #4
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks B erenbujrger and lanusz for your help. Simple once someone shows the way
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 02:46 AM   #5
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Simple once someone shows the way
This is a truth universally acknowledged (with apologies to Jane Austen)
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote