EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 17 Nov 2014, 12:21 PM   #1
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
SCRYPTmail.com encrypted email service

I was developing scryptmail for last 6 month, it's encrypted email service.
It would be great if you interested in such type of services to log in and see if you like it, as well as leave comments or questions here
https://scryptmail.com

registration link until tuesday
https://scryptmail.com/createSelectedUser

Thanks,
Sergei

Last edited by scryptmail : 18 Nov 2014 at 01:59 AM. Reason: to better explain topic subject
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Nov 2014, 08:02 AM   #2
randommailer

First of all thank you for this service. It looks very promising. Just a couple of questions though

1. How are you planning to keep going? (Funding)
2. Anyway to use IMAP or is there an upcoming smartphone app?
randommailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2014, 09:17 AM   #3
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by randommailer View Post
First of all thank you for this service. It looks very promising. Just a couple of questions though

1. How are you planning to keep going? (Funding)
2. Anyway to use IMAP or is there an upcoming smartphone app?
1. After polishing initial bugs, so I can establish reliable service, and acquire users, I'm planing to offer paid subscriptions with some extra features as bigger mail boxes, longer message retention time, ability to send delayed messages and a lot more.
2. Offering IMAP wont be an option as service use frontend encryption. So yes, app is something to think about.

Thanks for interest
Old 18 Nov 2014, 06:16 PM   #4
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Last minute rush with some minor bugs, and we are opening our door. 500 brand new mailboxes awaiting their respective owners. Please register and enjoy coolness of scryptmail.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 06:43 PM   #5
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Why is your password limited at 30 characters? ://
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2014, 07:00 PM   #6
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Why is your password limited at 30 characters? ://
Password is just for ability to retrieve encrypted user data, you wont be able to do anything without knowing secret phrase. secret phrase limited to 80 characters.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 07:26 PM   #7
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryptmail View Post
Password is just for ability to retrieve encrypted user data, you wont be able to do anything without knowing secret phrase. secret phrase limited to 80 characters.
It wouldn't accept a secret word longer than 30 characters.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2014, 08:57 PM   #8
malcarada

What about the 1000 email limit, when does it reset?
malcarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2014, 09:08 PM   #9
17pm

Seems like scryptmail is US based (Washignton)..

Also, one can read in their terms of service the following bit:

"You grant to scryptmail.com a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to scryptmail.com the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights."

Is this normal? I'm not sure if other providers have something like that in their TOS.

Also, some questions for scryptmail:

- Is ScryptMail a 1-man job?

- What are the limitations of the present account? What will be the limits of future accounts? (aliases, space, bandwidth, own-domain, etc etc..) You should create a page that explains this.

- Are you open-source? I think you're not.. You cannot claim to provide secure encryption methods and be closed-source, imo. (Specially a 1-man job)
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2014, 09:21 PM   #10
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:

Is this normal? I'm not sure if other providers have something like that in their TOS.
Sounds rather Google-ish to me.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2014, 01:57 AM   #11
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Let me answer one a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcarada View Post
What about the 1000 email limit, when does it reset?
1000 is email limit per box, basic account. As other services limit you per size, like 1Gb or more, this indirectly means, they know what messages is yours and what size they are. In future we plan to roll more plans with bigger limits

Quote:
Seems like scryptmail is US based (Washignton)..

Also, one can read in their terms of service the following bit:

- Is ScryptMail a 1-man job?

- What are the limitations of the present account? What will be the limits of future accounts? (aliases, space, bandwidth, own-domain, etc etc..) You should create a page that explains this.

- Are you open-source? I think you're not.. You cannot claim to provide secure encryption methods and be closed-source, imo. (Specially a 1-man job)
That is very legit questions and concerns.
We USA based. But let me refer to you, that claiming if we Canada based or other country won't really means more protection, but confusion. Hush mail, grandfather of "email encryption" Disclosure of account data -If we receive an order enforceable under the laws of British Columbia, Canada, compelling us to disclose account data for a specific user account. This type of information hidden in Privacy Police, when they statement of user encryption at front page. Indeed, few years ago they actually did disclose user information to USA agency.

Another companies located in Switzerland, they refer to strong privacy law over there, but let me ask, why more that 10% of their bank easily disclose private financial info about American citizens, without any court order. And how such services, when developers living in USA will protect your data more that Switzerland based banks? My answer would be, nit much at all.

In other hand we had Lavabit or Silent Circle, which was USA based, and they indeed shutdown service, instead of leaking user data.

--

My opinion, they trying to sell service under false pretenses.

Scryptmail is one man job, but better say one man start-up. During design stage I worked with my friend who helped me a lot in order to design seed email approach, and uncover majority of current email downsides. Unfortunately he wasn't able to invest his time in this project. My goal is to grow this into reliable company.

Right now Limits are 1000 mail per box, 5 recipient per email. More features will be disclosed upon readiness. Paid plans will include more features like time delay to send message and bigger boxes.

I'm planing to go open source. right now my code is a mess, i'm trying to eliminate most obvious bugs and about December put code on github for public review.

Idk, honestly I used TOS generator, sorry no money for lawyers yet.

Thank you for reading

Last edited by scryptmail : 26 Dec 2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 03:16 AM   #12
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4its2L8 View Post
Sounds rather Google-ish to me.
Sounds rather amateur-ish to me.

OP is indicating the service is "USA based", but the posts are indicating (to me anyway) that English is not the OP's first language.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2014, 03:35 AM   #13
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Sounds rather amateur-ish to me.

OP is indicating the service is "USA based", but the posts are indicating (to me anyway) that English is not the OP's first language.
I'm not sure what you referring to when you say amateur-ish. But if you have any questions regarding my product, please don't hesitate to send them my way.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 05:13 AM   #14
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
For people who prefer not to use Google Chrome we added Firefox support
Old 20 Nov 2014, 06:50 AM   #15
randommailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryptmail View Post
For people who prefer not to use Google Chrome we added Firefox support
Awesome. With the busy life these days, I really would like to see the mobile app soon. keep it up!
randommailer is offline   Reply With Quote