EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 29 Mar 2017, 09:37 AM   #1
CWM030

Accidently Deleted my FM Idenity

Hi,

New to this forum,

I accidentally deleted my identity that I sent mail from in Fastmail.

I use POBOX.COM which uses Fastmail

I am wondering did I re add my identity to send from correctly:

The reason I accidentally deleted it was because I was trying to change my
name and for some reason it wouldn't stick, So I switched from Chrome to
IE, and logged in and thought I was hitting save but, turns out I
deleted the identity! OYE!

So what I did was I went to MAIL > SETTINGS > IDENTITY AND FETCH

Add Identity / Fetch

gave my user name chris@CWM030.com and password

I hit MANUAL SETUP

unchecked fetch mail for this account

checked SAVE COPY to sent folder

CHECKED INCLUDE ATTACHMENTS IN SAVE TO SENT FOLDER

set the nick name to DOMAIN

then save.

They should really change where that remove button is positioned!

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by CWM030 : 30 Mar 2017 at 10:48 AM.
CWM030 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Mar 2017, 10:09 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Welcome to the EMD Forums! . I recommend you edit your post and remove your email address.

Your post discussed removing an identity and adding an identity. The only Remove button I see is when you edit an identity and click Remove Account in red at the bottom. Is that what you are complaining about? I don't see how they could make it any more obvious that this button removes the identity. Saving or cancelling is done at the top of the page in most (maybe all) FastMail screens.

If you add an identity at an external domain (not a FastMail or PoBox owned domain or a domain you host at FastMail), you must enter the full server login details if the system can't automatically discover them.

I can't tell if you have a question or are just explaining what happened.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2017, 10:14 AM   #3
CWM030

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Welcome to the EMD Forums! . I recommend you edit your post and remove your email address.

Your post discussed removing an identity and adding an identity. The only Remove button I see is when you edit an identity and click Remove Account in red at the bottom. Is that what you are complaining about? I don't see how they could make it any more obvious that this button removes the identity. Saving or cancelling is done at the top of the page in most (maybe all) FastMail screens.

If you add an identity at an external domain (not a FastMail or PoBox owned domain or a domain you host at FastMail), you must enter the full server login details if the system can't automatically discover them.

I can't tell if you have a question or are just explaining what happened.

Bill

Thank you , Its a question..... I am asking did I add my idenitity back property?

I am new to fastmail... Oops I guess I should of looked at the button before I clicked it.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 29 Mar 2017, 10:18 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

You should send an email using that identity to your Pobox address and see if it is properly sent. You used the proper method. And I still strongly recommend that you remove your email address in the first post by editing it. Google spiders this forum rapidly and spammers may start sending you messages if you don't quickly remove it from the post.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2017, 10:20 AM   #5
CWM030

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
You should send an email using that identity to your Pobox address and see if it is properly sent. You used the proper method. And I still strongly recommend that you remove your email address in the first post by editing it. Google spiders this forum rapidly and spammers may start sending you messages if you don't quickly remove it from the post.

I do have my spam filter set pretty high though
But if you insist!

-- Chris