EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Nov 2012, 05:35 AM   #16
KevinW

Quilleron have turned off your custom style sheets? I'm guessing not because a lot of these sound like they are being caused by an interaction of the changes in the interface and custom style sheets.

I agree that its not very kind of Opera to change id names, classes, attributes in this new classic.

If I were to guess
2) caused by same colors
3) same colors or the navigation bar being too big or over too far left and ending up on top of the right corner bar which is where settings and account now are
4) same as #2 or #3
5) same colors?
9) It is annoying that they added that Fastmail word/logo to the upper left. You wouldn't have those titles in that location unless a custom sheet was moving them. It depends on the style sheet whether Fastmail is there or not (its not for concise) I also added
#pageHeader::before {
background : none;
}
to my custom style to hide it.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Nov 2012, 01:34 AM   #17
chrisjj
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
The internet cafe log in part is no longer secure
Thanks. Details would be useful.
chrisjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Nov 2012, 04:39 AM   #18
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

You now have to make up what they call an alternative log in in your account settings but for me this does not work, I tried and tried but I gave up and put in a support ticket.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Nov 2012, 05:15 AM   #19
chrisjj

OK, so that's the (non-)solution, but what exactly is the problem?
Old 8 Nov 2012, 05:36 AM   #20
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

I am not sure I go in a select a log-in name, then make up a password, click save it all saves ok and I get a conformation on another page, log out and then cant log in with my alternative name and password.
I tried it 4 or times on different days, but I don't have a .fm domain it's a .net so I am not sure if this is the problem....I have put in a ticket but it's not a serious problem for me.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 06:09 AM   #21
chrisjj

Quote:
I am not sure I go in a select a log-in name, then make up a password, click save it all saves ok and I get a conformation on another page, log out and then cant log in with my alternative name and password.
Ah. I take it by "go in" you mean "go in to Settings, Alternative Login". Thanks.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 06:26 AM   #22
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Yes...sorry, after you have set it up there is a quick link log-in on the right hand side of the page....this will work but a normal log-in won't work, also the quick link takes you to the new Nerd U.I but I suppose its better than nothing and you could put the quick link on a USB.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 10:44 AM   #23
freightmonkey

Haven't seen this mentioned yet: there is no longer a setting to indicate that mail should be displayed in fixed-width fonts. This is something a little more than just "different fonts", since it destroys the pre-formatting of text in things like code snippets, formatted "tables", etc, and also impacted the Notepad text areas. This was the first thing that I noticed, and have since corrected with a custom style tweak as described in another thread.

A smaller annoyance is the addition of images to the "Minimal" stylesheet, which was previously only text.
freightmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2012, 01:23 PM   #24
labarum
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightmonkey View Post
Haven't seen this mentioned yet: there is no longer a setting to indicate that mail should be displayed in fixed-width fonts.
This is an issue for me, but I don't have the skill to write a custom style.

I look forward to proper font and font size controls being added, as you you find in a good email client.
labarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2012, 05:41 AM   #25
Quilleron

Smile Sanity restored

Just to say that I have had some help from Neil at FastMail in pointing out where my custom style sheets were not working subsequent to the "upgrade".

The upgrade also seemed to have switched my interface from the Concise stylesheet to the Standard one and he set me back to Concise as without doing so I wasn't able to get to the settings button to change that myself.

Anyhow, I have now updated my tweaks.css file and it's available on the wiki here:
http://fastmail.wikia.com/wiki/NewInterfaceCSS/Stylesheet_Gallery/Clean_and_Compact#tweaks.css

I seem now to be back where I was before the upgrade and sanity has, at least for the timebeing, been restored.

By the way, though I say so myself, Clean and Compact is a great custom stylesheet.
Quilleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2012, 07:52 AM   #26
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilleron View Post
Just to say that I have had some help from Neil at FastMail in pointing out where my custom style sheets were not working subsequent to the "upgrade".
Glad to hear it. You may want to share what specifically needed to be changed. Others might be curious

Their presence in these forums is most helpful.

Wish Microsoft of Google interacted in their forums occassionally. Impossible to get an answer out of them.
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2012, 09:49 PM   #27
OliverD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilleron View Post
I seem now to be back where I was before the upgrade and sanity has, at least for the timebeing, been restored.

By the way, though I say so myself, Clean and Compact is a great custom stylesheet.
Nice work. Many thanks.
OliverD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 08:06 AM   #28
chrisjj

Another change is of some button styles - from always outlined, to outlines only when hovered. E.g. Compose Send and Save http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1...tedesktopw.png .

The classic interface now has six styles of button - see here: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...487#post548487
Old 14 Nov 2012, 05:52 PM   #29
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Oh the internet cafe log in you don't use the name you chose you just use the password....I was trying to use the name as well which is how I thought it worked...
Old 14 Nov 2012, 08:21 PM   #30
chrisjj

Quote:
Oh the internet cafe log in
Terry, please explain which FM feature you are referring to as "internet cafe log in".