EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 1 Sep 2007, 10:22 AM   #1
btn
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Everyone.net
Talking Long Time - No Post

Hi all,

Some EMDers tracked me down since I haven't posted here for a while. Thanks for caring! Today is my last official day as a full-time ENET employee. However, I'll still be around consulting with them for a bit longer. I've been with ENET since 1999, almost since the very beginning in 1998. I'm long overdue—especially by Silicon Valley standards—to try something new. I'm excited, and I hope this message comes across in a positive way.

I'm happy to leave ENET as we roll out the new "Helo" interface for Web Mail. IMHO, it kicks ***, particularly in Firefox 2. Yes, there's still room for plenty of enhancements in the eyes of the advanced users here on EMD. However, Helo holds it own interface-wise against the likes of Yahoo! Mail, and Windows Live Hotmail. The Classic Web Mail interface with checkboxes will still be available indefinitely for users with slow computers.

Helo (a.k.a. "Rich Web Mail - Summer 2007") comes out of beta starting next Wednesday, September 5. Be sure to checkout the PDF user guide, and guide about UI changes. Publisher Mail admins will find the latter guide particularly useful. If you haven't done so already, all Publisher Mail admins should upload a new 200x60 pixel logo in their Control Center. Also note that we're enforcing the height limit for the footer ("copyright message") to ensure a better user experience.

Have a great weekend, and Labor Day if you're in the U.S.,
btn

P.S. EMDers who received the "EMD Special" storage upgrade should continue to have their extra storage as long as you keep the standard part of your account in good standing. The upgrades are flagged in our billing system, and others are aware of their existence. I won't be offering additional EMD Specials, but they will hopefully no longer be necessary at some point in the future...
btn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Sep 2007, 10:38 AM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

It's good to see you back btn, even though I have never used your company, I have always enjoyed reading your posts. The best of luck in your future career
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2007, 01:31 PM   #3
ReuvenNY

Just wanted to wish you good luck in your new endeavors, whatever they will be. You certainly put everyone.net on the EMD map and faithfully supported members who needed help.
Please keep us posted.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2007, 02:27 PM   #4
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Good luck and thanks for supporting on everyone.net on EMD.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2007, 08:16 PM   #5
jdtaylor
Master of the @

I agree, good luck and the best of luck for the future.

Does anyone know who will be taking over the Everyone.net rap status yet?
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2007, 10:44 PM   #6
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Thanks for all your support on everyone.net issuses.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2007, 11:17 PM   #7
Ennis

You provided excellent support and insight. Thanks.

It's Labour Day all over the world, BTW...
Ennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Sep 2007, 08:01 PM   #8
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennis View Post
It's Labour Day all over the world, BTW...
Not for the place I live in. I thought labour Day is 1st May?
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Sep 2007, 08:09 PM   #9
Ennis

This has nothing to do with email but you're kind of right. Labour Day and May Day are one in the same and are celebrated in most places in May. I'm Canadian, so this is Labour Day Weekend. I found the following on Wikipedia:

Labour Day has been celebrated on the first Monday in September in Canada since the 1880s. The September date has remained unchanged, even though the government was encouraged to adopt May 1 as Labour Day, the date celebrated by the majority of the world. Moving the holiday, in addition to breaking with tradition, could have been viewed as aligning the Canadian labour movements with internationalist sympathies. Another major reason for keeping the current September date is that the United States celebrates its Labor Day on the same day. Synchronizing the holiday reduces possible inconvenience for businesses with major operations on both sides of the border.

So let's talk about email...
Ennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Sep 2007, 07:38 AM   #10
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Some EMDers tracked me down since I haven't posted here for a while. Thanks for caring! Today is my last official day as a full-time ENET employee. However, I'll still be around consulting with them for a bit longer. I've been with ENET since 1999, almost since the very beginning in 1998. I'm long overdue—especially by Silicon Valley standards—to try something new. I'm excited, and I hope this message comes across in a positive way.
I hope you will stay on the forum. Anyway: good luck with your career.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2007, 10:12 AM   #11
cheviot
Essential Contributor

The parting gift of additional storage makes me feel like I chose door #1 on "Let's Make a Deal"

Many thanks, and best wishes...

(ENET subscriber since Nov. 1, 2000)
cheviot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2007, 09:00 AM   #12
btn

Representative of:
Everyone.net
Talking Thanks Again!

Have a great weekend!
btn is offline   Reply With Quote