EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 8 Jul 2021, 11:54 AM   #1
atikovi

Excite.com email ending August 31

I've used them for probably 15 or 20 years now. They say I can migrate to their host's email service Bluetie for a small annual fee, which I don't mind, but my email address will change. Change to what? As in instead of ABC@excite.com what would my new address be? What happens if someone sends a message to my old address after Aug 31st?
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Jul 2021, 12:40 PM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
I never heard this email service. is it like aol.com?

If you consider migration, welcome to tls-mail.com, I promise you the next 10 years.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jul 2021, 10:35 PM   #3
lpn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
I never heard this email service. is it like aol.com?

It was one of the first web portals and then became one of the first search engines. Looks like they also provided email service.
lpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2021, 05:34 AM   #4
Bamb0
Master of the @

Thats sad they are stopping thier service......
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2021, 05:40 AM   #5
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpn View Post
It was one of the first web portals and then became one of the first search engines. Looks like they also provided email service.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excite
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2021, 05:33 AM   #6
d4rkn1ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
I've used them for probably 15 or 20 years now. They say I can migrate to their host's email service Bluetie for a small annual fee, which I don't mind, but my email address will change. Change to what? As in instead of ABC@excite.com what would my new address be? What happens if someone sends a message to my old address after Aug 31st?
I hope Bluetie will honor Excite users to keep the @excite.com domain. I have used Excite since they started way back in the 90s, and I will like to keep my @excite email if possible.
d4rkn1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2021, 05:46 AM   #7
atikovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkn1ght View Post
I hope Bluetie will honor Excite users to keep the @excite.com domain. I have used Excite since they started way back in the 90s, and I will like to keep my @excite email if possible.
No they won't. That's my gripe. Will have to change the email address at dozens of places I use this Email for and notify dozens of people of a new email address. What happens to places and people I forgot about or haven't communicated with in years if they try to reach me in the future? Who knows.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2021, 06:45 AM   #8
d4rkn1ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
No they won't. That's my gripe. Will have to change the email address at dozens of places I use this Email for and notify dozens of people of a new email address. What happens to places and people I forgot about or haven't communicated with in years if they try to reach me in the future? Who knows.
That's a shame.

I guess it's really goodbye then.
d4rkn1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2021, 09:55 AM   #9
Bamb0
Master of the @

Its sad people dont change thier minds be4 doing something like this,its really sad.........
Old 27 Aug 2021, 01:42 PM   #10
marty1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Its sad people dont change thier minds be4 doing something like this,its really sad.........
It’s all about money, they want to charge you to switch @bluetie.com just to keep the username?

No, I don’t think I will.
marty1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2021, 05:36 AM   #11
jtayd

I think the excite.co.Uk site was one of my very first email accounts - shame to see it going.
jtayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2021, 07:02 AM   #12
BlueTieInc

only one week remaining

Hello Everyone,

Yes. Excite.com email is going away on 12/31/2021. Yes. BlueTie is charging for the service AND you need to change your email to @bluetiehome.com address. The unfortunate reality is that we were not given the option to continue using the @excite.com domain despite all attempts to negotiate for it. So sorry about that. The benefit of buying the upgrade is that you will be able to receive to your @excite.com address for one more week (regain access to your social accounts, bank accounts, etc and get the primary address changed before time runs out); you will retain all of your original email if your account was not previously purged (contact us to find out); and you will get some of the best service around; for a very low annual fee. Find out how to upgrade here: https://signup.bluetiehome.com and if you have questions, please write to us at support@bluetiehome.com.

Thanks!
BlueTieInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2022, 10:19 PM   #13
charliesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtayd View Post
I think the excite.co.Uk site was one of my very first email accounts - shame to see it going.
Seriously, I was so much upset when excite mail was going to shutdown. Excite Email was one of the best email service providers at that time, it had so many features like File Transfer, Easy to Understand webmail structure, Customization.
charliesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jul 2022, 04:17 AM   #14
Bamb0
Master of the @

Yes it IS sad..

Welcome