EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 30 Oct 2012, 02:19 PM   #46
BryanL

Is there no way to manually trigger a POP link from the new interface? What the heck happened to the "Actions" dropdown?! Given that POP links only pull once a hour at most, I must have the ability to manually pull the link when someone tells me they sent me something!
BryanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 02:44 PM   #47
Prognathous
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by odedp View Post
"...available for a while" is not enough for me.
The minute it goes - I go!
Same here. I loved the previous ("New") UI and adopted it very quickly, so it's not like I'm averse to change. However, if this new abomination becomes the only option, I'm out.

Prog.
Prognathous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 02:47 PM   #48
alirezanasibi

Worst is that some features are not available in new interface! like " save to storage "
alirezanasibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 02:47 PM   #49
Stephenmfm

Thumbs down Terrible new "fastmail"

It wasn't broken, why did you fix it?
I don't like it.
I recently opened a paid account because of the real Fastmail.
I liked the simplicity of the login screen, was simply text, VERY fast.

Today, I find this stupid clinical picture advertisement login screen..I used Fastmail as my homepage because it was fast loading and gentle. It is no longer my login page because one is greeted with this obnoxious, glaring, corporate page, that assaults the senses. After logging in, I hate the glaring screen and changes, crowding out my folders and much more.

I have been able to block the inane login picture with Adblock in Firefox(it's now just black), but not Opera, but the page is still obnoxious, but this is a moot point now.

After my initial discomfort, I found the " Use classic interface" checkbox under "more" and so far it has remained to that setting after a test of wiping out all the cookies and such and logging back in....so far. This has brought back the Quick contacts feature that I use and love, that was lost in the new version.

Please Opera, do not take this classic interface option away.

Last edited by Stephenmfm : 30 Oct 2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Improvements.
Stephenmfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 02:51 PM   #50
alirezanasibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prognathous View Post
Same here. I loved the previous ("New") UI and adopted it very quickly, so it's not like I'm averse to change. However, if this new abomination becomes the only option, I'm out.

Prog.
I also loved the previous interface! Why not just make it an option which interface to go?
Even classic.fastmail.fm directs me to new UI.
alirezanasibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 02:56 PM   #51
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by alirezanasibi View Post
Even classic.fastmail.fm directs me to new UI.
I had to logout and then go to https://classic.fastmail.fm to see the Classic interface.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:06 PM   #52
Prognathous
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
Yes - the interface formerly known as "beta" is now live and the default interface for FastMail. The regular HTML interface is now known as "Classic", and is available by selecting More -> Use Classic Interface or alternatively, logging via https://classic.fastmail.fm/
The Classic interface options is similar, but I can't get it to look like it did before the change. Probably an issue with the stylesheet. I'd appreciate it if you looked into the thread I opened about the subject.

Thanks,
Prog.
Prognathous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:28 PM   #53
NJSS
Master of the @

At 03:46 GMT this morning ( #9 ) robn

A Representative of Fastmail.fm

Offered a link:-

http://blog.fastmail.fm/2012/10/19/n...ns-rolled-out/

Like the new interface it is rubbish & takes you to:-

Quote:
Page not found
Blog at WordPress.com. Theme: Garland by Stefan Nagtegaal and Steven Wittens.
How please do I get rid of this new interface - it lacks many of the features of the old, and offers no advantages as far as I can see.

NJSS
NJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:28 PM   #54
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
I had to logout and then go to https://classic.fastmail.fm to see the Classic interface.
Yes but when you log back in it goes to the new U.I unless you close your browser.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:30 PM   #55
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSS View Post
How please do I get rid of this new interface - it lacks many of the features of the old, and offers no advantages as far as I can see.
Going back to the "Classic" interface has been referenced MANY times.

You'll probably need to use the new interface for more than 15 minutes to determine if there are advantages.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:33 PM   #56
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Slight copy/paste error. Original post fixed. For your convenience, here's the link:

http://blog.fastmail.fm/2012/10/30/n...ns-rolled-out/

Thanks for letting me know!
robn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:34 PM   #57
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Yes but when you log back in it goes to the new U.I unless you close your browser.
Do you have "Classic Interface" checked under the More options?
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:41 PM   #58
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
Slight copy/paste error. Original post fixed. For your convenience, here's the link:

http://blog.fastmail.fm/2012/10/30/n...ns-rolled-out/
I, for one, like the new interface as I've been using it for the past few weeks under beta. However, I'm surprised you folks released it as the default interface when -- as referrenced in the blog post -- you admit not having updated the help documentation.

The default interface does not have any help documentation... The default interface doesn't tell you how to switch back to the only interface which DOES have documentation.

If you guys follow the threads here at all, you know that ANY change will be met with incredible resistance. But you're not helping yourselves out by releasing a new interface without first announcing it, giving people clear instructions on how to switch back, and releasing an undocumented product.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:52 PM   #59
NJSS
Master of the @

sflorack

kindly wrote:-

Quote:
Do you have "Classic Interface" checked under the More options?
Sorry to be thick, but I can't find "more" options in the new interface !

EDITED TO ADD: I have now found "More" on the log-in panel (I was looking in settings) - selected "Classic Interface" and after much frustration it logs me into the Classic UI - BUT
the UI is totally different to what I am used to it seems to have moved me to a different stylesheet, and I can't find the original!

NJSS

Last edited by NJSS : 30 Oct 2012 at 04:49 PM.
NJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 04:00 PM   #60
shalomshalom

Angry Beg For Your Help.. Hate New Layout

Hello,

I got a web master to transfer all my emails for our non profit project to fastmail 3 months ago. It took days and we picked Fastmail as it had features we needed, spell check, and colors and the lay out was simple and easy.

We now have a problem and I cannot use this lay out.. I am not like the most of you who know show to work these things.

Can we have it back to normal. We have two accounts with fastmail and we have paid 5 years ahead and paid out a few hundred to the web master who did the transfer.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN THIS BE CHANGED BACK AND IF SO CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW.. in simple dummie terms. Please can someone show me and others how to convert it back.

Why do these companies do these changes and what is wrong with a person wanting to stick to what they are use to.

Hate this new set up and i can see 1000's going elsewhere. If this cannot be changed back can someone let us know who else offers the old style of fastmail.

THANKS GUYS
shalomshalom is offline   Reply With Quote