EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Apr 2024, 08:32 PM   #16
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
You may grab what looks like a fantastic domain name for an initial low cost only to find that the cost to renew rises to hundreds of dollars a year.
Plus, in my experience, you may find some TLDs get labeled as spam arbitrarily even if your particular domain is clean. I had terrible deliverability when I tried a .xyz domain for a bit. You also have the problem that if your address ever needs to get entered manually someplace many times it will be wrong because the typist puts in .com reflexively. I managed email lists for quite a few years and it was amazing and annoying how often email addresses were entered into the systems incorrectly, even by the email owner!
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2024, 05:48 AM   #17
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
When TLDs are under monopoly control, registrar fees are subject to huge increases. You may grab what looks like a fantastic domain name for an initial low cost only to find that the cost to renew rises to hundreds of dollars a year.
Is there any easy way to identify such domains?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote