EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 3 Jul 2014, 07:06 AM   #46
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
I would suggest a gift account approach a la EuMX.
In that case, if anyone still wants the free account, feel free to message me
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2014, 08:20 AM   #47
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

To clarify, there are no native mxroute.com accounts, only owned-domain accounts?
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2014, 08:41 AM   #48
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
To clarify, there are no native mxroute.com accounts, only owned-domain accounts?
Correct. I am considering pushing the first production ready model of MXroute v2 to be addresses on a shared domain. If I do it, the outgoing filter is going to be a beast though.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 05:02 AM   #49
ReuvenNY

I started testing mxroute.com a few days ago and so far am impressed by it's speed, clean site and ease of use.
I have one question: what is this business of not forwarding to Gmail, Yahoo and AOL? I have several other email accounts which automatically forward all my incoming email to Gmail. I do it for back up and never had any issues. Why doing it with mxroute would create problems?
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2014, 07:12 AM   #50
adamlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
I started testing mxroute.com...and so far am impressed by it's speed, clean site and ease of use.
As am I. MXroute is a hidden gem that I gather will not remain so hidden once the service gains additional traction in the market. As the feature set increases and improves, I can easily envision MXroute handling my primary personal accounts.

Quote:
I have one question: what is this business of not forwarding to Gmail, Yahoo and AOL?
I am curious also, though I personally do not disagree with the said terms of service.
adamlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2014, 07:53 AM   #51
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
I started testing mxroute.com a few days ago and so far am impressed by it's speed, clean site and ease of use.
I have one question: what is this business of not forwarding to Gmail, Yahoo and AOL? I have several other email accounts which automatically forward all my incoming email to Gmail. I do it for back up and never had any issues. Why doing it with mxroute would create problems?
My 'welcome' e-mail says this:
Quote:
Please DO NOT create an email forwarder to Gmail, Yahoo, or AOL addresses. These services will all identify you as a spammer if you forward spam to their service, and they will block our server as a result.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2014, 10:01 AM   #52
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Great question!

All e-mail services which allow forwarding are facing this problem, but many are either not recognizing it or denying the problem in hopes that it will clear itself up. If you take any e-mail service that allows forwarding and look for someone in the last month, you will find someone who is complaining about their IPs being blacklisted. They will receive many replies telling them that there is probably a spammer on the service that the company hasn't caught, etc. Misinformation is everywhere, bad advice and incorrect assumptions run rampant.

The truth is that spammers have started using proper SPF and DKIM records, reducing the quality of spam filters everywhere. The spam filters that do the best, do not always scan forwarded mail depending on the mail server setup, especially true of cPanel based services. Catchall accounts you wouldn't even want to scan, you would eventually have to stop scanning them to keep the spam scanner services from consuming all of the system memory, not to mention the overhead required for effectively doing so in a shared user environment where the mail queue needs to be processed faster than the rate of incoming mail.

The result is that the volume of forwarded spam, from any service, has increased significantly. To add to that, Yahoo, AOL, and Gmail have all responded to the growing spam problems by increasing the effectiveness of their spam filters and their reactions to incoming spam.

The end result is that the only way you can effectively, reasonably stop a server from being temporarily blocked for very frequent periods by these three major services is to not allow mail forwarding. That, of course, doesn't help if you're doing that to try to make forwarders work. The fix is to break the function, so mail providers are backed into a corner and none of them want to admit it.

I don't like enforcing such policies, but I am willing to have the honest conversation about the reality of it, because I think it's time for us all to acknowledge that forwarding is a dead system. It won't survive this new breed of spammers. I recommend reading this article below, that explains a little better than I do, the realities of why forwarding is on it's last leg.

http://richweb.com/why_email_forwarding_is_broken

Last edited by jarland : 4 Jul 2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 10:06 PM   #53
me0000

Hello

Are there any screenshots of the webmail interface?

Thanks
me0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2014, 10:09 PM   #54
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

It's Roundcube Webmail 0.9.5 if that helps.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2014, 10:12 PM   #55
me0000

Thanks

Official rc release is on 1.0.1 will mxr update it?
me0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jul 2014, 01:30 AM   #56
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by me0000 View Post
Thanks

Official rc release is on 1.0.1 will mxr update it?
Most likely with MXroute v2. It's live in the development environment at the moment.
Old 5 Jul 2014, 01:59 AM   #57
ReuvenNY

Jarland, what about forwarding to other accounts, say outlook.com?
Old 5 Jul 2014, 02:22 AM   #58
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Jarland, what about forwarding to other accounts, say outlook.com?
Should be alright but if they block the IP for too much forwarded spam they'll have to be disabled. Ideally you will want to move away from forwarders where possible, once you start to see the new spam that's being put out, forwarding will no longer be viable. Everyone will have to choose between that convenience or receiving their mail at some point.
Old 5 Jul 2014, 02:49 AM   #59
ReuvenNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
Should be alright but if they block the IP for too much forwarded spam they'll have to be disabled. Ideally you will want to move away from forwarders where possible, once you start to see the new spam that's being put out, forwarding will no longer be viable. Everyone will have to choose between that convenience or receiving their mail at some point.
I checked on MXroute site, but could find out how to do it. Where should I start?
Old 5 Jul 2014, 03:23 AM   #60
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
I checked on MXroute site, but could find out how to do it. Where should I start?
In the mall control panel, next to the name of the domain, click on list accounts. From there, click edit next to the mail account name. There is a box to add in the addresses to forward to from there