EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 9 May 2008, 09:33 AM   #46
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

It seems very difficult to do something new with mail.

Zenbe has a nice looking interface, though the handling of errors is still messy -- try setting a calendar entry that just is 11, not 11 a or 11 p and it won't work, with no error message. There are a number of entry prompts that aren't obvious what the right entries might be.

I like tags, but that's not enough. Big clean Gmail is easy for me. And GMX.com has better filters.

It's ZenbePages that I like, because they seem unique and useful. Put a team together, share mail from everyone (based on their tagging the mail, either automatically or manually) keep tasks and appointments and all. It's a nice, easy, simple groupware app, and I like it.

That said, I have never seen anyone be able to sell groupware, because most people don't think like managers, and team access requires shared management.

I'd love Zenbe to be able to sell that groupware feature. I think it's good, even in the need is small and the market understanding even smaller.

But that means seeing Zenbe as mail, well, nothing really special enough that I see.
kaptitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2008, 01:38 PM   #47
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptitsky View Post
It's ZenbePages that I like, because they seem unique and useful. Put a team together, share mail from everyone (based on their tagging the mail, either automatically or manually) keep tasks and appointments and all. It's a nice, easy, simple groupware app, and I like it.

That said, I have never seen anyone be able to sell groupware, because most people don't think like managers, and team access requires shared management.

I'd love Zenbe to be able to sell that groupware feature. I think it's good, even in the need is small and the market understanding even smaller.

But that means seeing Zenbe as mail, well, nothing really special enough that I see.
When I first took a look at zenpages, I did not see it as a groupware application... well, not one that I would use for a project. But now that you mentioned it, I think it could be a fairly good app for a small project.

Unfortunately, most people more than likely already have something in place....

Although, I have on my "to do" list to seriously test google sites http://sites.google.com/ One of their boilers is a "team project." I'll more than likely create my own boiler though... but the integrated calendar is fairly nice from what I've seen. Not sure about google hosting a site... although, if it is hosted on my site, but use their template, that might work.
theog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2008, 04:39 PM   #48
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

redirect not working

When I manually redirect (not a forward) a message from Fastmail to Zenbe it is not coming through. Can anyone confirm that?

[Edit]
I know what's the reason: Zenbe doesn't accept emails older than 30 days. Problem solved!

Last edited by Berenburger : 9 May 2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: new information
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2008, 10:45 PM   #49
curvefan
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Thanks that worked for me. Only the tags was partly hidden
but that could be me having NoScrpt and such down there so
that has nothing to do with Zenbe.

Looking forward that you get pop3 and smtp then.
No hurry for me. Better it works well than setting it up too early as a feature.

You doesn't seem to send out a confirmation to the alternative email address?

Could be cause it is invites to us here in EMD then?
Drew,
Zenbe now has pop access.
http://forums.zenbe.com/topic/29
curvefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 01:49 AM   #50
pyedka
Cornerstone of the Community

Read from their forum we got 4GB space for the account. And now I can login with SeaMonkey 1.1.9 by changing the user agent setting to Firefox. Besides, I got an invite in my other email that I regged earlier on their website, anyone in need may PM me, senior member or above only.
pyedka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 03:36 AM   #51
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

As I see that registration is apparently no longer open from the link posted earlier in this thread, I might as well mention that I also have exactly one "extra" invite which I received at an email address I had given at their website, but which I now don't need, having already successfully registered an account from the above link, and which, like pyedka, I'll share with the first "senior" level or above forum member needing it who PM's me.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 04:46 AM   #52
drew
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
Drew,
Zenbe now has pop access.
http://forums.zenbe.com/topic/29

Thanks indeed John and thanks to Tom on the blog,

Quote:
Incoming settings for retrieving POP mail are

server: pop.zenbe.com
port: 995
Use SSL: true

Outgoing settings for sending mail are:

server: smtp.zenbe.com
port: 465
Use SSL: true

You need to use your full zenbe email address, i.e. 'johndoe@zenbe.com' as your username, for both POP3 and SMTP.
Hope it was ok to copy that info here in thread?

Last edited by drew : 10 May 2008 at 05:02 AM.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 05:19 AM   #53
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Hope it was ok to copy that info here in thread?
Sure it is... that is info that can only help people.... IMO
theog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 07:57 AM   #54
Merovingian
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
As I see that registration is apparently no longer open from the link posted earlier in this thread, I might as well mention that I also have exactly one "extra" invite which I received at an email address I had given at their website, but which I now don't need, having already successfully registered an account from the above link, and which, like pyedka, I'll share with the first "senior" level or above forum member needing it who PM's me.
I have the same situation. I already signed up, and got my preferred user name (yah!), so I have an invite that someone can have. I'll just follow suit, and first "senior member" or above PM me, it's yours.

cheers!
Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 07:08 PM   #55
ubhishek

Zenbe Invite

Guys,

Can anyone PM me an invitation for Zenbe?

It will greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ubhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 09:52 PM   #56
alex_blue

Well i managed to grab a beta account and had a test drive.

I was expecting to see something like Foldera (www.foldera.com) although I have no chance to test out Foldera. But Zenbe.com is lack of flexibility, maybe it's still in beta phase so users feedback are to be constructive and for a better future of Zenbe.

1.On Settings page, we could only tweak a few settings so it could have been enhanced in the near future.

2.The page layout is somewhat distorted sometimes (not all pages), like some icons are partially hidden, I believe it has been mentioned before in this thread. Anyway I hope the interface will be fixed to consistency very soon.

3.Zenpages is a good idea, but as I have not used it intensively, but I think it should offer more flexibilities for the users and not too heavily 'ajaxed'

4.Only one comment on file manager, can we have an option to share the files or photos with the public (not Zenbe users) without having to email them as attachments? Just like inbox.com they have a "Sharing option" to share the files and a Photo Album for displaying the images to those as allowed by the user. However, one step further, I'm not satisfied by inbox's Photo Album because it's fully Ajaxed which means you can't show a particular photo (on a Photo page) to your friend or relative, instead, you can only send them to the Photo Album index page that displays all photos.

5.Last but not least,as I always emphasize on new webmail, I hope on the login page the cursor is always focus on the "Username" field so we can directly input our username then tab to password upon logging in.

That's all for now, I hope these to be constructive suggestions. Thanks alot for your effort
alex_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2008, 03:22 AM   #57
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Less than two weeks ago "everyone" seemed to be looking for an "invite" to this service, now it seems that they can't be given away, as I've had no takers re my above offer.

Nonetheless, although for all I know there may now be more of them available than there is demand for therm, for what it's worth, having originally registered a few addresses at the site, since I wasn't sure if they would all receive messages from the service, I now have three "invites" I have no need for, in case any senior forum members may be interested (including any such member who may already have an account themselves but could use another invite for the use of a friend/family member or whatever).

But if I don't get any requests from any senior members (or "above") soon, I'll lower the criterion to "member", and then to "junior member", as necessary, to "unload" them. Then, if there's still no interest here, I'll try hawking them on eBay (just kidding ).

Edit (update): I've given one of my three extra "invites" to an EMD member, and I now have two remaining.

Last edited by xmailer : 12 May 2008 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Update
Old 12 May 2008, 03:35 AM   #58
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Less than two weeks ago "everyone" seemed to be looking for an "invite" to this service, now it seems that they can't be given away
Are you talking about gmail ?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2008, 03:45 AM   #59
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Are you talking about gmail ?
Actually, I had trouble giving away Gmail invites from the beginning, and "early" interest in invites to this service might seem to be waning even more rapidly. But then I guess they're not Google...

Edit: Since I made this post, I've given one of my three invites to a fellow EMD member. Rather than "cluttering" this thread with unnecessary posts, I'll edit my previous post to reflect any changes in the number of "invites" I have remaining for anyone who may interested.

Last edited by xmailer : 12 May 2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 13 May 2008, 07:03 AM   #60
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Actually, I had trouble giving away Gmail invites from the beginning, and "early" interest in invites to this service might seem to be waning even more rapidly. But then I guess they're not Google...
Maybe some day we'll see the end of the "invites" gimmick, which I've always despised.
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote