EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 2008, 11:50 PM   #31
Ennis
Cornerstone of the Community

In the end, I agree with Theog. After carefully reading this thread again, he's right. I disagree with the people making Microsoft comparisons with Gmail, but that is a perception I can't change. Theog, you're right on most counts.

When you're right, you're right.

Last edited by Ennis : 1 Jun 2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 01:49 AM   #32
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennis View Post
In the end, I agree with Theog. After carefully reading this thread again, he's right. I disagree with the people making Microsoft comparisons with Gmail, but that is a perception I can't change. Theog, you're right on most counts.

When you're right, you're right.
What are you talking about?

You need to read:

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...8&postcount=27

It never was about MS vs. gmail... you don't seem to "get it." Not about me being right or wrong...

We are here to help the OP, not convince him to use a product he has flatly said he does not want to use... or scold him for not agreeing with us.

You are an old pro, seems like you would get it.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 02:45 AM   #33
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

These "fights" of the points-scoring variety are silly. They're one of the reasons I'll drop in on this forum every now and then to hear about new services or changes to old ones, but won't participate very much. "I'm more savvy than you are!" "No, I'm more savvy than you are!"
Old 1 Jun 2008, 02:47 AM   #34
Ennis

I don't know what he's talking about. I didn't scold this person he refers to as "the OP". I merely said that having read the thread, his posts made sense. What did I say about MS vs. Gmail? I said nothing. I did say that I disagreed with people who lumped Google in with MS. That is all I said, Theog. You seem to need a fight. Right? I come back and eat crow, and that isn't good enough for you.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 02:54 AM   #35
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
I don't know what he's talking about. I didn't scold this person he refers to as "the OP". I merely said that having read the thread, his posts made sense. What did I say about MS vs. Gmail? I said nothing. I did say that I disagreed with people who lumped Google in with MS. That is all I said, Theog. You seem to need a fight. Right? I come back and eat crow, and that isn't good enough for you.
lol... I don't need anything... I am only trying to help the OP.

We should welcome new people and not attack them if they don't agree with us.... we are here to help people not convert them.

Go back and read your post #13 and #15.

Afterwards you should provide the OP an apology.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 02:56 AM   #36
Ennis

I never said a word directed at "the OP". I directed everything I said at you. Never mind. I've read your posts ever since you arrived at this forum. I know what I'm dealing with.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 02:56 AM   #37
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by theog View Post

We should welcome new people and not attack them if they don't agree with us.... we are here to help people not convert them.
Nahhhh...we're here to help as long as they're using a service/e-mail client/ OS/whatever we think is "kosher".
Old 1 Jun 2008, 03:02 AM   #38
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
I never said a word directed at "the OP". I directed everything I said at you. Never mind. I've read your posts ever since you arrived at this forum. I know what I'm dealing with.
Good... then you know I help people instead of trying to convert them.

I'm done with you right now... take it to PM if you want to discuss or attack me any further... I'll answer you. Promise.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 03:03 AM   #39
Ennis

Nobody is attacking you. I tried to make nice with you. Obviously impossible.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 03:05 AM   #40
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmns2bseen View Post
Nahhhh...we're here to help as long as they're using a service/e-mail client/ OS/whatever we think is "kosher".
In this thread is not about that... the op shot down my recommendations... I did not get upset about that. The OP is very detailed about what he wants... that is what I appreciate... no room for error or for all of "this" to happen.

Unfortunately, you had a couple of people get "upset" about some comments the OP made.... and make posts there were basically irrelevant to the thread.

Polarismail might be his best option, but he wants a demo. It will be interesting to see how polarismail works out.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 03:07 AM   #41
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Here's a humble suggestion: let the OP decide what's relevant or not.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 03:07 AM   #42
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Nobody is attacking you. I tried to make nice with you. Obviously impossible.
This is being nice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennis
Never mind. I've read your posts ever since you arrived at this forum. I know what I'm dealing with.
Hate to see you when you get angry!
Old 1 Jun 2008, 03:08 AM   #43
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmns2bseen View Post
Here's a humble suggestion: let the OP decide what's relevant or not.
He already did....

And did so in his first post....

Does not deserve people attacking him for not agreeing with them.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 03:10 AM   #44
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Let the OP point that out then, if he finds it disconcerting. Just another humble suggestion.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 03:10 AM   #45
Ennis

You provoked what I said that you didn't like. I stand by what I said earlier. I think your recommendations to this "OP" of yours were the best ones. If he is so certain of what he wants, what does he need any of this for?
Closed Thread