EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 5 Jun 2013, 10:32 PM   #61
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Logged in fine just now - well can't send test email

Last edited by jdtaylor : 5 Jun 2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Update
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2013, 09:31 PM   #62
Kyoko

Password 'broken'

I have not used this account in some time (vmail.me) and when I tried to log in, I get a 'fail' and further testings says 'password is broken'. Is there any way to reset the password? I was quite partial to the name I had chosen and want to keep it/this account. I can't find any way to contact them to ask. After reading these forum comments, it seems the problem with password (which I know is accurate) may have been caused by migration to new servers? Anyone know if there is a way to recover this account once the password is 'broken'? I tried re-registering using the same email name but it said 'not available'. Thank you.
Kyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2013, 03:03 AM   #63
imanerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
If you are asking why anyone would sign up for it now, after all that has happened, I suppose the simple answer would be that most newcomers to vmail.me would presumably have no knowledge of the service's past history unless they happened to perform a search that brought them to this forum.

On the other hand, if you are asking why active EMD members who post about vmail.me (and about other odd, off-beat, and/or problematic providers) would "want" those accounts, the answer presumably lies in the interest that many of us have in the subject of email generally, hence our habit of posting updates, warnings, observations, etc., about all sorts of services, including good ones having temporary problems, bad ones that seem to have nothing *but* problems, and everything in between.

Speaking only for myself, I have no wish to maintain an account at vmail.me for the purposes of reliable communication, since nothing of the kind is available there. I do, however, maintain an interest (or perhaps "horrified fascination" would be a better way to describe it) in following the fates and misfortunes of such providers, along with many other less problematic ones that active members of this forum have discussed in the past and no doubt will continue to discuss in the future.

After all, that is a primary purpose of this forum and one of the main reasons EMD exists, right?
well, then it's good I've found this forum, because now vmail IS up, and it DOES have a ToS page that's not blank, though the contact page STILL gives a 404, and I've had to resort to contacting them via their abuse email, since I don't have a twitter.

Anyway, since I'm just an almost-20-year old kid who has 321 email accounts and loves creating more and more, I'm having yet a NEW issue: vmail has kept its submit button labeled "signup", on the page where you enter your details, as defunct. It says signups are temporarily disabled, yet it's been like that...well I can't remember how long, it might have been a month, 2 months, maybe just a week or so (I have a bad...or should I say, selective, memory).

Gah, now seeing all of this info on how unreliable the service is, I'm wondering if it'll EVER be working again, let alone STAY that way, even if it DOES become *temporarily* fixed.

I'll stick to MyOpera Mail for now.

Thank you, you guys, for this info, I wish I would have seen this earlier. Much appreciated.
imanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2013, 03:23 AM   #64
Greensky

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanerd View Post
Anyway, since I'm just an almost-20-year old kid who has 321 email accounts and loves creating more and more,
Sorry if this hijacks the topic of this thread, but having 321 email accounts is really impressive! Are you using them all to receive mails?
Greensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:18 PM   #65
bww

vmail.me down again?

Hi all,
no email and cannot contact the website for two days now.
Anyone else with the same problems?

Thanks
bww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2013, 08:09 PM   #66
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bww View Post
Hi all,
no email and cannot contact the website for two days now.
Anyone else with the same problems?

Thanks
The site is down for me too. This service has been a mess from the start.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2013, 08:04 PM   #67
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Might be working again

Well this is most odd, I can acess the homepage no problem and log into my account most strange and I was able to send myself a test email which has got through.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2013, 04:05 AM   #68
bww

All seems fine today. Question is do I keep with it?
bww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2013, 05:58 AM   #69
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bww View Post
All seems fine today. Question is do I keep with it?
As has been the case for quite some time now, it would be very unwise to use vmail.me for anything important. It has proved itself over and over again to be extremely unreliable and highly unpredictable. Use at your own risk.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote