EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 17 Dec 2007, 07:03 PM   #1
ossie

Myrealbox problems

17th December 2007

Both mine and the wife's email address at Myrealbox.com have not worked for the last four days...................

I think the end is nigh......
ossie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Dec 2007, 07:34 PM   #2
jdtaylor
Master of the @

That's odd, the only problem I have got is that the Quantine system for accessing blocked emails has been inaccessible for around three days or so now, so it's not just yourselves, as there always seem to be something on the blink, one way or another it seems.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2007, 09:01 AM   #3
Legoman

Same here. Nothing at all received into the mailbox for at least a week. Quarantine system also inaccessible. I have just sent an e-mail to support asking what's going on. Can you please do the same? support@myrealbox.com
Legoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2007, 05:34 PM   #4
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Hi, I did this a while back when the problems were annoying a few days ago, so that's already been done and dusted.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 06:11 AM   #5
pin
Essential Contributor

I sent a test email from Tuffmail to my MyRealBox account and it was received 12 hours late. I received a delay notification from Tuffmail, it said MyRealBox's SMTP server was reporting something on the lines of "Too many users - try again later".

However, I have just tried sending an email from the MRB web interface to my Tuffmail account and it was received in a few seconds.

Wonder what's going on!
pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2007, 07:26 AM   #6
Legoman

I'm starting to get some messages drip feeding through now. It's not back to normal by any means, but at least some things are getting through.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 10:51 PM   #7
ossie

Mail seems to be working again. Emails for the "down period" are now lost though.
No apologies or explanation from Myrealbox about the problem.
Messages used to be stored when Myrealbox server was down.
Does not seem to happen now though....
Old 22 Dec 2007, 02:59 PM   #8
Legoman

Yeah same here. I've lost at least 3 messages I know should have come through but never did.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 02:26 AM   #9
ossie

Aggrrr no longer working again....
Tried emailing without any response...
Time to pull the plug methinks.....
Not a good recommendation for message architects whom bought out myrealbox..
What a pain having to advise contacts...
Old 30 Dec 2007, 11:50 PM   #10
jdtaylor
Master of the @

I do understand your problem, but with better services with more features and better reliability out there such as GMX, and Privatemail, then I think you would really be long term better off with a more reliable provider.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 03:33 PM   #11
ossie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
I think you would really be long term better off with a more reliable provider.
Myrealbox was reliable but since the sale to Messaging Architects they show no interest. I wonder why they bought Myrealbox in the first place!

Anyhow Myrealbox is history now I am slowly transferring all my email contacts to www.gmail.com as that seems to be one of the better email providers out there (I did not go with my internet providers bundled email as I may change providers again some point in the future).

Cheers

Ossie....
Old 12 Jan 2008, 01:16 PM   #12
nontech2

Angry Myrealbox going down the gurgler fast?

Two people recently tried to contact me (several times) via my myrealbox address, one person has a freeseve.co.uk address, their emails failed to reach me.

If I try to contact the Essex Society for Family History I get a message back stating:
----- Transcript of session follows -----
.... while talking to hermes.hosts.co.uk.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 You have been blacklisted.Please desist from sending e-mail to this host
550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx>... User unknown
451 4.4.1 reply: read error from hermes.hosts.co.uk

A contact in the UK who has both a yahoo.com and a ntlworld address tried to contact me and received a message stating "this site is blocked".

I have contacted Messaging Architects but of course no reply. I can't make up my mind whether Messaging Architects are just plain incompetent or whether they are trying to get rid of us. I believe the time for M S to come clean and tell us what is going on is well overdue. If M S are having disputes with certain sites/hosts we should made aware so we are not left waiting for emails that will never arrive.
nontech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 03:14 PM   #13
Legoman

Yep, sadly after almost 10 years of faithful service I think the end is nigh for MRB. Ever since the takeover by MA, things have been going down the gurgler fast. First was them tagging all incoming messages with their "this has been checked for viruses" message at the end which they refuse to allow be turned off. Then they started spamming all their accounts everyday with unsolicited spam telling you about how much spam they've blocked from your account, and now they have suspended all forms of communication with their account holders and mail service ranges from extremely patchy at best to non-existant.

I have changed all my reply addresses to Gmail now and will slowly begin the transfer over to more reliable services. What other option have you got when they won't reply to any support mails and there is no sign of life on their website to explain the lack of service?
Old 15 Jan 2008, 08:52 AM   #14
nontech2

I for one will retain my Myrealbox address, I won't use it much, just enough to show I haven't abandoned it because I will not let Messaging Architects get rid of me through subterfuge. If they want me to relinquish my account let them find the guts to tell me so.

I still am a little undecided whether they are trying to unload us or if it is just gross incompetence. If the problem is incompetence then I suggest M A remedy the situation quickly because their reputation is diminishing rapidly. I would think that for every person posting on the net there are perhaps a hundred or more who are just as angry but not airing their views, yet.

In my earlier post I mentioned the "blacklist" message received when contacting the Essex Society for Family history. I have received a reply from the society stating neither myself or Myrealbox are blacklisted by the society, they haven't heard from their host yet.
nontech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2008, 09:12 AM   #15
pin
Essential Contributor

Anyone noticed MyRealBox hasn't been working properly again for several days now?
pin is offline   Reply With Quote