EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 30 Apr 2016, 11:51 AM   #1
mingky

Email service providers like Everyone.net

In the past, there were a lot of email service providers like Everyone.net ( Bigmailbox, Chek, Outblaze, etc.). Is Everyone.net the only one that still exists?
mingky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 May 2016, 08:30 AM   #2
George_B
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingky View Post
In the past, there were a lot of email service providers like Everyone.net ( Bigmailbox, Chek, Outblaze, etc.). Is Everyone.net the only one that still exists?
I know Outblaze got purchased by IBM back in 2009
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2016, 10:47 AM   #3
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingky View Post
Mail.com once powered by Outblaze, then by AOL, last by GMX.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2016, 01:20 AM   #4
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
There was Gawab too, based in Egypt. Not sure if they still exist.

If you mean you want to purchase an own domain and then use a free provider to allow people to register mail accounts under your domain (like running your own free mail provider), can't you do that by using Mail.ru or Zoho for your own domain? Doesn't allow that to have people registering email accounts under your domain?

I'm not sure whether they still exist and I know it ain't the same as really using an own domain, but ZZN.com used to provide free mail accounts under any subdomain of them. For example you could register anything-you-possibly-want-as-subdomain.zzn.com and then you administer that subdomain, with people being able to create mail accounts under the chosen subdomain.
(that said, their service wasn't entirely reliable when I last used it many years ago, and the inbox capacity was on the small side... That was many years ago though)
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2016, 09:01 AM   #5
mingky

I don't want to purchase a domain and use a free provider. I'm looking for some cool domains to register a free email address with other than ones that are under Everyone.net
mingky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2016, 02:27 AM   #6
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Is there any particular reason why you don't want to use any free email service provider that could do the trick, and why you don't want to use Everyone.net neither?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote