EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:26 PM   #1
jtlapp

Thanks for fixing reply-to-all!

I noticed that reply-to-all no longer puts me on the distribution list. Now I only get one copy of each conversation message. Thanks for fixing this!

(BTW, you originally told me that this couldn't be fixed if my reply-to address wasn't my runbox address. I'm glad you found a way.)
jtlapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:36 PM   #2
jbs
Essential Contributor

Re: Thanks for fixing reply-to-all!

Quote:
Originally posted by jtlapp
I noticed that reply-to-all no longer puts me on the distribution list. Now I only get one copy of each conversation message. Thanks for fixing this!

(BTW, you originally told me that this couldn't be fixed if my reply-to address wasn't my runbox address. I'm glad you found a way.)
Hate to rain on your parade, but I think you're in error.

I just opened a message to me and another Runbox user, hit Reply All and both of us were copied on the return.

Same thing with a message sent to an alias that forwards to Runbox. Hit reply all and I was copied on the return.

Can you confirm the results you are getting?

--Jason
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2005, 12:08 AM   #3
jtlapp

It's working for me. The address I don't want copied to the distribution happens to be both my from address and my reply-to address, as given under my Runbox preferences. All Runbox has to do is remove the addresses listed as from or reply-to, in addition to removing the runbox address.

I don't know what your situation is, but Runbox can't know that an address forwards to you unless you've listed it as from or reply-to.

But I don't know which Runbox removes from the distribution -- is it the from address or the reply-to address or both?

In any case, it's only recently that they added the fix I needed.

~joe
Old 6 Apr 2005, 12:14 AM   #4
jtlapp

Just to clarify, I have a pobox.com account that forwards my email to my runbox account. My from and reply-to addresses are set to my pobox.com address. The external world thinks I have just a pobox.com address and knows nothing of my runbox address.

This allows me to switch email providers without having to tell people that I have a new email address. Best of all, I have my emails forwarded to both runbox and gmail, so I can get pop access and still have full-text search. Besides, I think the gmail interface is really clunky, while the runbox interface is really slick (except for searching).
Old 6 Apr 2005, 03:31 AM   #5
jbs
Essential Contributor

Quote:
All Runbox has to do is remove the addresses listed as from or reply-to, in addition to removing the runbox address.
Ahhh, thanks for the clarification. Now I understand -- it it only the address for the folder from which you're replying that gets removed. So, for example, my Inbox is set to Jason@domain.com, but I get messages in my inbox to Wowza@domain.com and Yahoo@domain.com. If I Reply-All to a message sent to Wowza, but I'm in my Inbox, it would not remove Wowza from the distribution, only Jason@domain.com (the address associated with my Inbox).
Quote:
I don't know what your situation is, but Runbox can't know that an address forwards to you unless you've listed it as from or reply-to.
So, for me personally, I would have preferred to have Runbox remove ANY address in the preferences for ANY folder (i.e. any address in my dropdown list) since I always reply from my Inbox, but only a small fraction of the messages I reply to are sent to that username.

Good to know it's out there, though. Thanks for mentioning it!

--Jason
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote