EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Sep 2017, 07:27 AM   #1
Adon

Need Contacts sync -> have to pay 4 times more?

Hi!

I have two Fastmail's Family Lite accounts and I use a couple of my own domains for email.

I pay $25/year ($5 for the master account, $10 for each user, two total).

I am fully satisfied with the quotas etc...

Yesterday I had to move Contacts from Google to Fastmail and sync my Android phone and desktop client from there (for a reason).

However as it turned out, my service level does not allow me to have Contacts sync and I need to upgrade to one of the "new" plans.

As I use my own domain, Basic will not do it for me, I have to go with the Standard plan which is $5/month and for two users it will be $100/year.

So the price increase for me will be fourfold ($25 -> $100) just to have CardDAV sync, which is just too much and is not worth it.

Am I missing something? Or do I have to find another CardDAV provider to host my contacts there? I've been using Fastmail since 2010 and they are the best when it comes to email hosting, but I really can't justify paying $100 every year just for the ability to keep my contacts up-to-date on my devices.

Thanks!
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Sep 2017, 07:39 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I do not have a family account to be able to verify this, and the rules for the legacy accounts are not totally clear. However, I think it should be possible to upgrade one of the users under the family account to a level that allows contact sync.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote