EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 4 Aug 2017, 12:22 AM   #1
nesfla

Openmailbox.org

It seems that OPMB services are definitely down after along falling down period.
They poorly announce software updating but I don't trust it very much.
Does anybody know what is going on with this provider?
nesfla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Aug 2017, 05:32 AM   #2
Simonstown

Openmailbox.org - what a mess

Since openmailbox relaunched their website on August 4th (with paid premium options) the site has been a complete mess. When logging into my account, all I get is the never-ending revolving ball on a white background. I cannot access anything within the site. For a brief time I could access my account (for about 15 minutes), and I noticed that they have taken away the ability to create aliases (at least for the free account option). They have also removed the very limited (3) themed-colour options). The remaining colour scheme seems to be a light blue text against a very, very white background, making it almost impossible to read anything. I attempted to compose and send an email. This function does not work. I attempted to forward an existing email to another address. This did not work either. Finally, I created an email and tried to save it to my draft folder. No luck either. Now it is impossible to get into the site. Yet on the homepage the owner indicates that everything is "A-OK - All services functioning normally" WHAT HAS HE BEEN SMOKING???

The owner of this site have not even shown enough common decency to issue an apology on the home page for the massive inconvenience caused by this moneygrab. I have already opened an account with another email provider (yandex). After this fiasco I doubt whether openmailbox will survive, at least with a paid format. People expect better service for their dollars and euros.
Simonstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2017, 08:54 AM   #3
nesfla

I subscribe all the above mentioned issues an add that they offered for the old users a one month premium account just to sync the mail with email clients (with an extremely tricky way of adding new complicate password) but it worked for only one day.
I moved away to Posteo that is a pay for service provider.
If you seriously consider using personal or business email the free options will always end-up in troubles of any kind.
nesfla is offline   Reply With Quote