EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 28 Oct 2005, 10:51 PM   #1
specialK
Essential Contributor

gforum.co.uk for sale on ebay - anyone heard of/used this forum?

I see the domain gforum.co.uk is for sale on ebay - see:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5823448461

The suggested use if for a google discussion forum, has anyone used/come across the discussion forum at the above address?

Wondering if it could be an investment.
specialK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Oct 2005, 09:12 AM   #2
aleinss

Well, an interesting comment was made by the E-bay seller about the legality issue suggesting that because www.googlism.com exists and is not run by Google it is OK to own www.gforum.co.uk as if it were Google (if you follow all that). The problem with his logic is that www.xgoogle.org was shut down because Google didn't like that site owner using their name in his web site. I realize that googlism and google are two distinct words, but when you have a pack of lawyers at Google just itching their fingers, I wouldn't use this domain if it was given to me for free!

Just my 2 cents worth.
aleinss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2005, 12:28 PM   #3
cahero

Wouldn't bother me. The letter G doesn't below to Google anymore than it belonged to General Mills with the Big G letter on their cereal boxes. Or G Unit for that matter or G Shock Casio watches. Even using it for a Google forum, I don't think Google would have a chance in court even if they were foolish enough to try. The publicity would actually help the domain owner anyway.
cahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2005, 01:08 PM   #4
aleinss

Understood, but the E-bay seller is using Google like graphics. He says one thing and does another.
aleinss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2005, 02:40 PM   #5
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
The bottomline is, no Google trademarks is involved and no contents in the site that would have people think that it is "google" related.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2005, 03:34 PM   #6
David
Ultimate Contributor

gforum.ca is available to register, which indicates that the domain is not in any great demand, so I doubt that it would be any great investment.
David is offline   Reply With Quote