EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:02 AM   #1
Bamb0
Master of the @

Thumbs down

I have had a free account there for years (www.safe-mail.net/login) and almost every email I send does not get delivered!! (I think they dont like free accounts and look at all of them as spammers accounts)

I have gotton tons of spam there...I try to email support and most times they just ignore me.....

Anyonme here have better results using them?? (Sending)
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Mar 2020, 01:55 AM   #2
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I have had an account with them for over 10 years and was satisfied for many years. Sure, the inbox of just 3 MB is tiny, but I used it only for certain purposes, not for sending or receiving attachments or so.

I had serious problems a couple of years ago, and since that haven't used Safe-Mail much. I still have the account though and check it from time to time. I do get lots of spam in my account, always takes me several minutes to delete it.

I never tried emailing the helpdesk, but called them a couple of times and got clear helpful replies to my questions. They are based in Jerusalem, Israel, so it does require a phone call to Israel. But they did help me in a good way. Not sure how their email support is.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2020, 03:16 AM   #3
Bamb0
Master of the @

Hi

Ya like I try to email my cyber-rights acct and it doesnt show up........

I can email my safe-mail acct and it shows up straight away but I cant send from there to hardily anywhere!!

I did email support one time and the guy replied and all he said was "What do you mean stuff isnt being sent?" -- Well he fixed it because I could then send to cyber-rights.net but now its not sending there again....

Either they are doing this on purpose or they have a very unreliable email server!!
Old 28 Mar 2020, 08:46 AM   #4
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
safe-mail was out of date, it's the product of 20 years ago.
today there are so many good privacy cared email service, including but not limited to:
  1. PrivateMail.com
  2. Mailbox.org
  3. Posteo.de
  4. disroot.org
  5. ProtonMail.com
  6. Tutanota.de
  7. ******.com

see this link: https://restoreprivacy.com/private-secure-email/

btw, I have bought most of them for test in the past time. some were good, some were worse.
safe-mail.net, 3MB sucks, you would rather consider my service: https://www.199903.xyz/

jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:11 AM   #5
Bamb0
Master of the @

Ya Jeff you set me up an acct on yours remember

Maybe it would be best to use that one........
Old 28 Mar 2020, 05:19 PM   #6
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

I dropped Safe-Mail quit a while ago. I can't remember what my issues was, but I do know I didn't using it much and decided keeping it was not worth it.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2020, 07:32 PM   #7
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

If you like the domain name take a look at www.safe-mail.nl or www.safe-mail.eu.
Not related to safe-mail.net btw.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:28 PM   #8
rmannam

Berenburger,

I don't see a SignUp link in safe-mail.eu website!!
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:32 PM   #9
rmannam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
safe-mail was out of date, it's the product of 20 years ago.
today there are so many good privacy cared email service, including but not limited to:

safe-mail.net, 3MB sucks,

I agree with you!
SafeMail is too old with limited features.
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2020, 11:50 PM   #10
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Safe-Mail.net used to be very good for things that were important enough you didn't want to do it via your mailbox that you use for everyday conversations. I really liked them. The 3 MB limit was never an issue to me, since I rarely received any kind of attachment, for those type of things I just used Gmail or Yahoo.

What I liked about Safe-Mail was the simple yet easy interface, the fact they never ask you to store passwords (nor do they prompt Windows to ask if they should store your password), they give the precise date and time of the previous login (for me somewhat important), ... I felt, well, safe using them

That was before the big issues they had (in which I lost numerous emails), and before the number of spam became overwhelming as it is now. I somehow still sign in though, even though I am not using the account for anything important anymore.

I guess the service will remain a nice old-school but outdated service that will slowly phase out in the end, or they'll have to do a major restyling in order to make the service up-to-date.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 02:00 AM   #11
Bamb0
Master of the @

I dont see a register link on that site (safe-mail.nl/eu)

As far as safe-mail.net they dont seem to care as I have emailed them and they fail to fix the problem so it must be intentional........

Sad.........

Last edited by Bamb0 : 29 Mar 2020 at 02:05 AM.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 03:01 AM   #12
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

When I needed their support, I called them, and got helped efficiently. It does require an international phone call (for those not living in Israel) which indeed is a bit sad, any service should have a support reachable by email too.

I don't know if they still really care that much, the service hasn't been upgraded in years. Maybe the people behind it focus on other projects now but leave the service as it is for those who still have accounts.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 03:10 AM   #13
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
I dont see a register link on that site (safe-mail.nl/eu)

As far as safe-mail.net they dont seem to care as I have emailed them and they fail to fix the problem so it must be intentional........

Sad.........
Maybe you can contact them with the request for a new account. From their FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-Mail.nl
0 How can i contact you?
Please mail us at support(at)safe-mail.nl. We also have support channels:

supportsm@conference.safe-mail.nl through our XMPP system
Or simply go to http://www.emailquestions.com/safe-mail-eu/ and we will answer your question as quick as possible.
Mind that the free mailbox is only 3 MB in size, exactly like the Israeli Safe Mail (safe-mail.net)

What is odd is that you can only read the FAQ's by highlighting the text with your mouse, almost as if it's white characters on a white background that become visable only when running over it with the mouse. Very odd.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 08:08 AM   #14
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmannam View Post
Berenburger,

I don't see a SignUp link in safe-mail.eu website!!
Yeah, you’re right. My account is from 2016 and probably they blocked new registrations. Didn’t noticed that.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2020, 01:48 PM   #15
Bamb0
Master of the @

Thats sad......... No good email services anymore (Free anyway) -- Spammers have ruined it.......

Tsunami: Thanx for the address..... I emailed them yesterday but no reply yet........

Last edited by Bamb0 : 29 Mar 2020 at 04:04 PM.