EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 20 Oct 2019, 11:13 PM   #1
ibcsweb
Cornerstone of the Community

Gmx

Is anybody having trouble with a GMX account?
For about a week now I have had trouble logging in both on the mobile and my laptop as well as the computers at uni.
ibcsweb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Oct 2019, 11:26 AM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcsweb View Post
For about a week now I have had trouble logging in both on the mobile and my laptop as well as the computers at uni.
yes. they keey saying you are a possible spammer, want you to call the service telephone which is 3.99 EUR one time to release the account.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2019, 08:08 PM   #3
rmannam

I have no issues logging into my GMX account but I received a new message from GMX service regarding New security measures for password recovery:
At GMX, we’re taking big steps to ensure that your account stays as secure as possible. In today’s age of information—specifically social media presence—traditional security questions are easy to hack. That’s why we have two new and secure ways for you to recover your password in case you forget it.
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2019, 09:33 PM   #4
jdtaylor
Master of the @

That's odd, I have been experiencing connection problems through IMAP all the last week or so. I'll give it a little longer and then look into the issue.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Nov 2019, 05:00 AM   #5
sorin

GMX has problems already long time ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcsweb View Post
I don`t use anymore GMX except forwarding what comes there to another email account. It`s not reliable anymore for me. Some months ago I had the same problems: odd situations when tried to login, that my user/pass was incorrect; they put me eventually to change my password not only once etc etc. And all their support answers are mainly theoretical a kind of bla-bla to show that they are right, not me! All what they wrote I already knew. I contacted them both via support and facebook page not only once; IMAP also had problems and did not work many days. Sorry but it seems is not anymore what this service was years ago. Besides I find always in Inbox a lot of spam even I blacklisted it, there is not a possibility to block it. I try to avoid it.
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2019, 05:27 PM   #6
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

I have 2 GMX accounts (freebies)....uptill now NO problems what soever with them. I am based in The Netherlands.

Dutchie.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2019, 08:58 AM   #7
ibcsweb
Cornerstone of the Community

GMX situation

Thanks all for your input.
I have decided to dump GMX as people have not been able to send to it. Too much trouble time to move on.

Thanks again all!
ibcsweb is offline   Reply With Quote