EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 31 Jan 2019, 01:05 AM   #1
petergh
Master of the @

Thumbs up Google One Support Experience(s)

First, for a little background, and for anyone who doesn't know what Google One is, follow this link to find out what Google One is all about: https://one.google.com/.

I've entrusted Google to keep many of my digital assets safe, including documents, photographs, email, appointments, contacts, and just about everything else I have on my computer. I've tried (almost) every service that tries to compete with Google, including many paid services, but nothing today meets or beats the services Google provides in my view. That's not to say I'm a great fan of their business model, but that's a subject for another thread.

Since I already entrust Google with so much important data, it has been nagging me for years that they have no official support channel other than their product forums which have proven woefully inadequate (as most forums do) when the s*** hits the fan. Best case, you get a hold of one the forum regulars with access to Google employees who will pass on your request. In most cases, you are on your own.

That's why one of the main selling points that brought me to sign up for Google One was the official, human support they offer for all products and all Google One plans. Support channels include email, chat, or phone 24/7, all in numerous languages.

I contacted their support yesterday via chat, and I'm pleased to say that they were both quick to respond (less than two minutes waiting time), courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. After the chat session ended, a summary of the conversation written by the support representative I talked to was sent to me by email. All in all a very pleasant support experience, and even better than the support experiences I've had with G Suite representatives.

Anyone else here have experience with Google One support?
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31 Jan 2019, 09:23 PM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

I am interested in this too. I don't currently use One, but have been tempted to do so just for the potential of receiving actual customer service if something goes wrong, which it inevitably will at the worst time. Just yesterday I had a fair bit of back and forth with G Suite cs via email and on the phone trying to resolve some issues at work and found the people friendly, communicative, and unfortunately useless so far. I will probably be back in touch with them today in order to figure out what is going on. Frankly, I think all tech companies would improve their products 100% if they just hired English majors to write and organize their Help documents and online information. I find that a high percentage of the time the Help information is difficult to understand, is inaccurate, and is incomplete. Not having any sort of real customer service is huge negative for Google's consumer free products.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Feb 2019, 04:25 AM   #3
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Does Google One offer any better upload speeds compared to the ordinary Drive account?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Feb 2019, 05:28 AM   #4
petergh
Master of the @

I doubt it. It's not something they claim is better with Google one, only added drive storage.
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2019, 09:36 AM   #5
TenFour
Master of the @

Battled another several rounds with Google cs today and they promise me that in a "day or two" my G Suite will be working properly. We will see, but the people I spoke to were very friendly, polite, and trying to be helpful. I think one woman sounded like she was really working on the issue, so I am somewhat hopeful. In any case, this reminds me of how important customer service is to any product, particularly one like email and office software that can be the difference between getting work done and nothing ...And, it again points out how horrible most Help information is: incomplete, incomprehensible, and incorrect.
Old 18 Nov 2019, 10:58 AM   #6
elvey
The "e" in e-mail

Google officially Evil

I was also excited when I heard about support being part of google One.
I've yet to get any useful support from it too, not for lack of trying.

Google officially Evil?
This is so disappointing: Google is #6 in the world when it comes to hosting major spam operations infrastructure. https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/google.com

They also shirk responsibility for serving illegal ads - (kind of like facebook declaring it will allow ALL political ads) - their submission system is clearly intentionally broken; they refuse to fix it. (That is, they try as hard as possible to not understand the problems, and when that finally doesn't work any more, they stonewall in other ways.)
elvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2019, 10:50 PM   #7
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
They also shirk responsibility for serving illegal ads - (kind of like facebook declaring it will allow ALL political ads) - their submission system is clearly intentionally broken; they refuse to fix it. (That is, they try as hard as possible to not understand the problems, and when that finally doesn't work any more, they stonewall in other ways.)
I doubt that is true. Rather it is impossible for us to understand the scale of what they are dealing with. Billions of users sending many billions of messages every day all over the world in many different languages, and . high percentage of them being junk or spam--but which ones? Personally, I am amazed at how well Gmail's spam filters work. I almost never get bad emails in my Inbox, and I also don't see any ads in my free Gmail account. The ad problem is similarly vast. I would guess that 90% of the physical snail mail I receive is junk that I do not want, indicating the post office has the same problem. Phone calls, the same issue--most calls are junk. Unfortunately, technology has allowed scammers to proliferate and expand to vast scales that are swamping all communication platforms.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 04:07 PM   #8
nina007

Google Mail Support

I'm using gmail since 3 past years, recently getting 007 error with my email. SO, I tried to fix it but nothing happens. Also I tried to contact gmail helpdesk ... but they only provide chat support and i'm not a tech seavy who understand the technical ways.
nina007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2019, 10:18 PM   #9
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina007 View Post
...recently getting 007 error with my email.
Maybe one of these search result page links will help.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gmail+007+...alemoon&ia=web

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2019, 10:23 PM   #10
TenFour
Master of the @

Don't click that link in the nina007 post. There is no Gmail Help Desk.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 07:09 AM   #11
elvey
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Quote:
their submission system is clearly intentionally broken; they refuse to fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I doubt that is true....

Try and use it.
elvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2020, 07:27 AM   #12
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
Try and use it.
What specifically are you suggesting I try? Give us a link.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 08:41 AM   #13
TenFour
Master of the @

Thread revival! Has anyone used GoogleOne's support for anything? In particular, I wonder if they might be able to help with getting back into your account once one of Google's inscrutable algorithms decides you need to be locked out for some undeclared reason.
Old 12 May 2021, 09:39 PM   #14
TenFour
Master of the @

Anyone have feedback on Google One support?