EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 Mar 2019, 01:47 AM   #1
m46ah_30
Essential Contributor

Sending to multiple addresses

This should be very simple but I can't find a technique in HELP...

I have to send the same email to 6 different addresses. This is a 1-time thing; the addresses are not in my address book nor do they need to be; the writing page lets me have only 1 each of "TO", "CC" and "BCC"; I need to make sure that each recipient can see that the other 5 received the communication; all 6 emails will be going to different email clients.

Question: How do I put 6 addresses into 3 spaces and have all 6 addresses appear on each of 6 emails?
m46ah_30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Mar 2019, 03:00 AM   #2
Folio

If I am understanding the question correctly and you are working in the Fastmail web interface, I thought you could enter a comma-separated list of addresses in any of the recipient fields (To, Cc, Bcc)
Folio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2019, 03:06 AM   #3
m46ah_30
Essential Contributor

Yes, I using the web interface on my desktop PC... no little devices!

Are the address separated by only a comma or by a comma and a space?

...and could I do the same thing in the "CC" or "BCC" lines if I wanted/needed to?
Old 24 Mar 2019, 03:54 AM   #4
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

I just composed an e-mail in the FastMail web interface, to 6 e-mail addresses.

I typed each e-mail address followed by a comma, then the next e-mail address - without any spaces between.

I saved as a draft and then went back in to edit, and each e-mail address had a space added after the commas.

The e-mail sent without problem.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2019, 03:58 AM   #5
m46ah_30
Essential Contributor

Thanks, guys... I'll save this thread and give the procedure a try.
Old 30 Mar 2019, 10:23 PM   #6
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Here are some features of the web interface when creating a To, Cc or Bcc addressing field:
  • You can use a comma (with or without a space), semicolon (with or without a space), or space delimiter between addresses. This works when typing or pasting into the field.
  • If you are typing them directly (not pasting), I think it's easiest to just insert a single space between the addresses. Any additional spaces are immediately ignored. The first non-space letter or number character after the space causes the immediate automatic insertion of a comma before the space for readability.
  • If you try to use multiple semicolons without spaces between addresses, you will get an error and are prompted to edit the address field. But you can use multiple commas without spaces and it will fix it for you to the standard single comma followed by a single space.
  • So it's just about impossible to have a problem unless you don't use a proper delimiter. It's easiest to use a single space, comma, or semicolon as the delimiter between addresses.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote