EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 30 Apr 2005, 12:50 AM   #16
Javier
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by sardonyx
... my hotmail is still 2mb...
Sadly your are not the only one: I have 4 Hotmail accounts (2 Hotmail and 2 MSN) and just one have been upgraded. Better of all, I had to reactivate one of the MSN's ones because of inactivity ... while checking everyday.

The problem with Hotmail, it seems, is not bad support and lot of spam, but not being able to respect their own promises. Just as an example, lot of years ago (10 exactly), when Windows 95 was launched, I was one of their beta testers. As so, I tested "The Microsoft Network" (the name they used those days) and I created my first MSN email address (my usual username with AT msn.com domain). When Win95 was launched, I subscribed with "Microsoft Network" just in order to access my account and some providers (they did not offered connection to Internet in Spain).

Some months later, they decided to discontinue the service in Spain and I had to lost my email account. But then the service was renamed as MSN and relaunched as a web site. Unfortunately, when I try to check my account, I discovered my account was taken by another user and I don't know where my messages went.
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2005, 06:01 AM   #17
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

all 3 accounts still showing 250 MB, but as none of them are my main email address I can wait another year, if need be
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2005, 08:29 AM   #18
cn@163

Just checked my account at yahoo.com.cn
and it has already been upgraded to 1 GB
cn@163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2005, 12:32 AM   #19
mindlean

it seems to me that upgrade sequence is somwhat regional based. i have several yahoo accounts and few of them upgraded to 1 gbytes. those accounts were created with the southern zip code within US. none of yahoo accounts with the east-northern zip code aren't upgraded yet.
mindlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2005, 12:41 AM   #20
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by mindlean
it seems to me that upgrade sequence is somwhat regional based. i have several yahoo accounts and few of them upgraded to 1 gbytes. those accounts were created with the southern zip code within US. none of yahoo accounts with the east-northern zip code aren't upgraded yet.
I suspect that that's pure coincidence, your personal accounts being too few in number to have statistical significance. In fact, all my yahoo accounts except for Yahoo China have northern/eastern US zip codes and all but one have received the upgrade, including the first one I discovered the upgrade to a couple days ago.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2005, 06:43 AM   #21
dragon1
Cornerstone of the Community

Of the four Yahoo IDs used for both webmail and web sites, two are upgraded to 1 GB. 5 other IDs for web mail only have increased to 1 GB with 1 of them so little used that it registers 0% space used even before the upgrade.

The upgrades seem so random once again.
dragon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2005, 09:45 AM   #22
jedilizagain
Essential Contributor

of 2 IDs I've checked, the one that gets a lot of spam (typical!) has been upgraded. the main ID I use has not.
jedilizagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2005, 11:05 AM   #23
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by jedilizagain
of 2 IDs I've checked, the one that gets a lot of spam (typical!) has been upgraded. the main ID I use has not.
same here- the one I have that has about 600 messages in the bulk folder is now 1 GB...the others still 250 MB
Old 4 May 2005, 11:42 AM   #24
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

kudos to Yahoo...all my accounts are at 1 GB, and in early May- so, they're true to their word, at least in my case Quite a contrast with the months-long wait to get the announced Hotmail storage upgrade last year.
Old 4 May 2005, 12:35 PM   #25
usf
Cornerstone of the Community

"yahoo ture to their word"
totally agree, My account is also upgrade to 1 GB.

But some of my hotmail one are still 2 MB
usf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2005, 03:43 PM   #26
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Ok, this is interesting

I have one Yahoo account that is connected to my main SBC Yahoo DSL Account. My other Yahoo account is not connected to SBC Yahoo DSL. The one connected to SBC Yahoo DSL has NOT been upgraded, but the free one (unconnected) HAS BEEN!

Of course, they promised the SBC Yahoo DSL sub-accounts (not just the main account) will all be upgraded to 2 GB instead of one, so I guess it's worth the wait.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2005, 05:38 AM   #27
Javier
Master of the @

Some of my email accounts remains at 250 MB, but I am confident about Yahoo!

Also it is not so important an upgrade from 250 MB to 1 GB than from 2 MB to 250 MB, as is the case with Hotmail (some of my accounts remains with just 2 MB and with this storage is very difficult to store all the spam that Hotmail attracts )
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2005, 05:57 AM   #28
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

hang in there, you'll get it soon and you're quite right...it's amazing your hotmail account is still at 2MB talk about a slow upgrade...
Old 5 May 2005, 01:23 PM   #29
psalzer

I just logged into mine. It's at 1GB now.
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2005, 07:30 PM   #30
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Very nice!! I just logged into the Yahoo I use the most often and it is at 1GB as well, and it is a Yahoo.ca account!

Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote