EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 Oct 2008, 07:22 AM   #301
Sherry

Merovingian, the spam reporting error I was getting is on the production server not the newweb. I'm not sure with the others. I can move your post to the thread Rob started for testing the newweb "New web interface available for testing" if you'd like (so you don't cross-post it there).

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2008, 07:42 AM   #302
Merovingian
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
I can move your post to the thread Rob started for testing the newweb "New web interface available for testing" if you'd like (so you don't cross-post it there).

Sherry
Please do.

Thank you very much, Sherry
Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2008, 07:53 AM   #303
Sherry

Mod: Your post is moved here now.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 05:05 PM   #304
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Smile Fixed, mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by andretchen View Post
... -from Compose screen, do a normal text entry - then "Save now"
-click on "Drafts" .. it is there, but empty ???
This bug was with Rich Text (HTML) compose only, I think. I saw it a few hours ago also. Rob says it is mostly fixed, but there is still some odd behavior they are working on with the Save Drafts.

By the way, I believe the automatic Save Drafts interval is currently 30 seconds.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2008, 05:24 PM   #305
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Lightbulb New interface on beta server

The new user interface is now on the beta server as well as the newweb server address. The old interface is still active at the original location, and Rob has stated that he plans to keep it active for at least three months.

Update: Rob says that the beta and newweb links access the same code running on the same server. Eventually he will probably remove the newweb URL.

Bill

Last edited by n5bb : 10 Oct 2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: New info: beta and newweb are the same
Old 9 Oct 2008, 05:42 PM   #306
Sherry

Hmm, just looked on the Beta. I thought he might stop revealing our email address by the time he put it on the beta. Guess not. Darn...

Sherry
Old 9 Oct 2008, 05:51 PM   #307
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

How to add the Delete previous/next tool in Firefox

For those who miss the old user interface View screen Delete previous/next tool, it's now available on the new user interface if you modify the CSS. Here is how to do this on Firefox (and you don't have to be a guru to follow these steps):
  • Install the Firefox Stylish add-on
  • In Firefox, go to View>Sidebar>Stylish
  • In the Stylish sidebar, select Write. Enter your own description (such as Delete and previous/next) and copy/paste the following CSS code into the body and select Save at the bottom of the screen:
  • Code:
    @-moz-document domain(fastmail.fm) {
    .deleteNextPrev {
      display: block !important;
      line-height: 1 !important;
      margin-top: -1em !important;
      position: absolute !important;
      right: 1.8em !important;
    }
    #message .nextPrev {
      margin-right: 5em !important;
    }
    #showMessageActions {
      top: inherit !important;
    }
    }
  • Now when you select this style (by clicking before the entry), the new Delete and previous/next tool will appear at the upper right and lower right of the message view screen. A few other things are also modified.
In another thread, sflorack posted a new Professional Blue Stylesheet. You can create a Stylish style for this great stylesheet (and others in that thread). If you enable both (check both of the styles) they will act together, and you will see the new colors and the new Delete previous/next tool!

These are great new features, and will go a long way toward convincing stragglers to start using the new user interface, I think.

Bill
Old 9 Oct 2008, 05:55 PM   #308
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

my auto hide the side bar is locked to hide....... why don't F/m do a Pro Blue 2004 as standard ?

Update side bar was a cache fault....

Last edited by Terry : 9 Oct 2008 at 06:52 PM.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2008, 05:58 PM   #309
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

If for some reason you can't use the Firefox sidebar for Stylish, you can use Tools>Add-ons>Stylish>Options.

Bill
Old 9 Oct 2008, 06:22 PM   #310
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Disabling user address display in new interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
Hmm, just looked on the Beta. I thought he might stop revealing our email address by the time he put it on the beta.
Your wish is our command, Sherry! This can be done as follows with the Stylish add-on I described earlier for Firefox, Sherry. Make a new style named No user display and use this CSS:
Code:
@-moz-document domain(fastmail.fm) {
#admin span{display:none}
}
You can turn these on and off independently. So now I have a modified version of Professional Blue, Delete and previous/next, and No user display styles. I can turn them all on or select any of these to be applied. I like this ability to control the interface "live".

Bill
Old 9 Oct 2008, 07:32 PM   #311
drew
The "e" in e-mail

I have only tested webmail in Firefox 3.x and not in IE or Opera
but both beta and old looks very much the same to me.

but I am on Guest account and not good at seeing differences maybe.

What was supposed to look different enough to get noticed if I may ask
in a friendly tone.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2008, 09:00 PM   #312
Mystakill
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
For those who miss the old user interface View screen Delete previous/next tool, it's now available on the new user interface if you modify the CSS.
Good catch Bill. I didn't think to look through the source (although in the past, FM's source was...not very easy to work with). I usually head straight in with the Web Developer extension's "Display Element Information", then make changes in "Edit CSS" before putting it into Stylish.

A few Greasemonkey hacks here & there and we'll be able to replicate the old nav bar with the folder name in between the directionals
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2008, 09:13 PM   #313
pomj

After using the new wwebinterface for awhile now I have one suggestion/question.

Why is the searchbar in the collapsible sidebar? It would make more sense to have it in the middle to the right of the "more actions" droplist. that way you can have the sidebar collapsed and filter your messages with the searchbar.

what do you think?
pomj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2008, 10:58 PM   #314
fmfan
Master of the @

HTML view / Framed view Option?

My 'Market View' emails from Schwab are not 'converting' to full (HTML?) frame view as in existing web interface.
There are 2 scroll bars on the right of the email message body.
Current web interface there is only one scroll bar to right of the email message body.
fmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2008, 11:10 PM   #315
akorvemaker
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomj View Post
Why is the searchbar in the collapsible sidebar? It would make more sense to have it in the middle to the right of the "more actions" droplist. that way you can have the sidebar collapsed and filter your messages with the searchbar.
As an option: If you use the shortcut key "/" (a slash, without quotes), it will pull out the sidebar and jump to the search box.

Similarly, "," (comma) will jump to the folder search box.

Even if the search box is collapsed (using the little up arrows), the search still works. It's hidden, but it typing "/bingo<enter>" will perform a search for "bingo" in the current mailbox.

Andy
akorvemaker is offline   Reply With Quote