EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 14 Mar 2021, 08:50 PM   #31
digp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
They closed my email acct, and didn't respond my ticket.
I cannot find an email address for the CEO.

I found an address though

Anschelika Smoljar
Oranienburger Str. 50
Berlin
Germany

DNB have:

MeMail AG
Friedrichstraße 90
10117, Berlin , Berlin Germany
+49-1805522744

MeMail AG is located in Berlin, Berlin, Germany and is part of the Telecommunications Services Industry. MeMail AG has 3 total employees across all of its locations and generates $279,000 in sales (USD).
Key Principal
Anschelika Smoljar

The chairman may be: https://rocketreach.co/michael-hauck-email_78717864
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2021, 02:03 AM   #32
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Pity that they seem to be unreliable. Their domains are tempting, but it isn't worth the headaches about keeping your account intact. Looking at those domains, it's a waste of potential.

PS: if paid accounts are closed too without reason, someone should log a complaint.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2021, 02:07 AM   #33
digp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Pity that they seem to be unreliable. Their domains are tempting, but it isn't worth the headaches about keeping your account intact. Looking at those domains, it's a waste of potential.

PS: if paid accounts are closed too without reason, someone should log a complaint.
Total waste of domains.

Yes, to last point, but complain to whom? Is there an authority in Germany?
Old 16 Mar 2021, 02:12 AM   #34
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by digp View Post
Total waste of domains.

Yes, to last point, but complain to whom? Is there an authority in Germany?
I assume there is, but I'm not sure which one. A German forum member could probably help out here, and say to whom exactly a complaint should be directed. I'm sure there is an authority for this type of things ; after all some people paid for a service (email) and didn't get the service they paid for.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 02:16 AM   #35
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

A Google search showed me this.

I hope I used the correct search term, as German isn't my mothertongue.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 02:17 AM   #36
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Or to be even more precise: here

Somehow the forum wouldn't let me edit my previous post.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 05:37 AM   #37
MeMail AG

Answer from the MeMail team to the questions raised here

Dear all,

A customer brought this discussion to our attention. Unfortunately, it's all from March and therefore not so cutting-edge anymore, so you might not be interested in it when we reply, but we still want to do that to set some things straight and answer any questions.

MeMail is operated by MeMail AG, which is located and registered in Berlin, Germany. AG is the abbreviation for "Aktiengesellschaft" (translated: stock corporation), which is the most respected, regulated and supervised legal form in Germany. The most important companies in Germany such as Siemens AG, BMW AG or Deutsche Telekom AG use this legal form. As a member state of the EU, Germany is subject to the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and also has the strictest national data protection requirements in the EU, to which MeMail AG in particular is also subject. In this respect, the best and most secure framework is set for the operation of an international email service.

The "about" page of our website introduces parts of the team and also describes our economic and historical background, for example that MeMail is part of a larger group of companies from the IT sector, that we have decades of experience, why we have such a large domain portfolio and much more.

That as a brief introduction, now to some of the questions raised:

TenFour: "I have always thought what a simple scam it would be to start an email service just so you can read everyone's emails and look for ways to make money. There is simply no way to know with most small services what goes on behind the scenes. Use at your own risk"

In view of the introductory explanations, it is self-evident that such a procedure is completely out of the question, at least for a German company like MeMail AG. In addition to the strict data protection laws, the so-called postal secrecy applies not only to the sending of letters, but also to the electronic sending of messages via email, according to which a provider is not allowed to open or read messages under threat of punishment. Apart from that, it is technically impossible for us to read the message content, because it is encrypted. We also can't log into any accounts, because we don't store the passwords in plain text, but only encrypted, so we can't read them ourselves.

curvefan: "Very confusing sign up procedure and once I actually created an account using their supplied password, I wasn't allowed to change it after going to my account under "options""

This post is from July 2020, shortly after the launch of MeMail and we admit that not everything was perfect back then. The procedures for registration, changing passwords and many others have been completely revised and optimized since then. In addition, numerous other features have been added, so that now everything should run perfectly and be customer-friendly.

xyzzy: "Where do you find the POP and IMAP server setting for memail?"

Details can be found when logged in under "webmail settings" or at any time under https://www.memail.com/support/guides and https://www.memail.com/support/guide...-smtp-settings.

jeffpan: "They closed my email acct, and didn't respond to my ticket"

digp: "I can confirm that they suspend/close accounts without explanation, even paid accounts"

We can guarantee that we never close mailboxes or MeMail accounts without good reason. However, you probably can't imagine the kind of customers you have to deal with when you run an email service. Of course, there are also people who are spamming, phishing or spoofing, and we have to take action to protect not only MeMail and all clients, but also all external people who would otherwise fall for such fraudulent activities and either be harassed or even lose money. We also take action against users who massively create free mailboxes, because according to our terms and conditions only one mailbox per client can be registered for free. In addition, we are occasionally contacted by police departments or public prosecutors, by the way, from various countries around the world. If the evidence provided to us is sufficient, we suspend the mailbox(es) in question. In these cases, we are also not allowed to inform the account holders about the reasons, which would complicate or even prevent the authorities from investigating. So no serious MeMail customer has to fear that his/her account will be closed, no matter if it is a free or paid mailbox. And you can always contact us if there are any questions, and we always reply.

We would be happy to look into either of these cases mentioned here, but unfortunately we can't find the people behind them to check which accounts they are or were. We offer to continue the conversation here or to contact us via the options mentioned on the website or below.

jtyd: "I had actually dropped me mail a message saying they should get a rep here, but nothing has happened"

We respond to all serious inquiries, however we cannot respond to everything that is first classified as spam to us. We regret that your message may have been misjudged. We receive cooperation requests of all kinds on a daily basis, from offers to buy a domain to cleaning our office space (which, funnily enough, comes from the US, even though we're based in Berlin). We also constantly receive offers for reciprocal blog posts and linking that we can't match. We can't respond to a blog post that asks for reciprocal linking as a prerequisite, because we don't want to interfere with MeMail with links to external websites. We boast of being completely ad-free and that includes links to external websites.

Tsunami: "Pity that they seem to be unreliable. Their domains are tempting, but it isn't worth the headaches about keeping your account intact. Looking at those domains, it's a waste of potential. PS: if paid accounts are closed too without reason, someone should log a complaint"

We are happy that you like the domains since we are proud of our portfolio that we have built over more than a decade. Regarding the rumors that acccounts are suddenly closed, we have already addressed that above. And as a German company with the legal form of an "Aktiengesellschaft", we are subject to special control and monitoring. Of course, anyone who feels that they have not been treated correctly can file a complaint with the relevant authorities, but this has never been the case so far. We also suggest everyone to contact us for any kind of questions.

We always listen to our customers and like to communicate, as this is the only way we can learn and improve in order to provide the best service. Our existing customers or those who want to become one are always delighted with our competent and personal support, which is hard to come by these days. Everyone here loves what they do and for us this is a highly serious and professional business that we give everything to.

This is really not a hollow promise, you can contact us at any time and you will always get an answer (at least if the request is serious). You can do this via our ticket system or simply send an email to hello (at) memail.com or support (at) memail.com.

All the best

MeMail AG

https://www.memail.com/support
MeMail AG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Aug 2021, 09:13 AM   #38
digp
Master of the @

Best to stay away from this company.

That they feel the need to post here several months after and none of it of any substance is farcical.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 09:14 AM   #39
digp
Master of the @

"jeffpan: "They closed my email acct, and didn't respond to my ticket"

digp: "I can confirm that they suspend/close accounts without explanation, even paid accounts"

We can guarantee that we never close mailboxes or MeMail accounts without good reason. However, you probably can't imagine the kind of customers you have to deal with when you run an email service. Of course, there are also people who are spamming, phishing or spoofing, and we have to take action to protect not only MeMail and all clients, but also all external people who would otherwise fall for such fraudulent activities and either be harassed or even lose money. We also take action against users who massively create free mailboxes, because according to our terms and conditions only one mailbox per client can be registered for free. In addition, we are occasionally contacted by police departments or public prosecutors, by the way, from various countries around the world. If the evidence provided to us is sufficient, we suspend the mailbox(es) in question. In these cases, we are also not allowed to inform the account holders about the reasons, which would complicate or even prevent the authorities from investigating. So no serious MeMail customer has to fear that his/her account will be closed, no matter if it is a free or paid mailbox. And you can always contact us if there are any questions, and we always reply."

So basically trying to imply improper use of email without any basis.

Cowboy company.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 07:25 PM   #40
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by digp View Post
Best to stay away from this company.

That they feel the need to post here several months after and none of it of any substance is farcical.
At least they make the effort to respond. Most of the providers mentioned here never let you hear from them.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote