EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Sep 2009, 08:10 AM   #1
dragon1
Cornerstone of the Community

Displaying Full Headers When Forwarding - Setting?

I'm trying to forward a couple of phishing emails and want to show the full headers. I've enabled inline HTML when composing and can view full headers. But when I try to forward the emails, only the body appears not the full header, which is probably the most important part of the emails for investigative purpose. I cannot seem to find my answer in FM's help section. What am I doing wrong and how do I correct this?
dragon1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Sep 2009, 10:32 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Attach original message or cut/paste full headers

You need to attach the original message to your forward.
  • You can do this for all messages (in place of the inline method) using the Options>Account Preferences>Compose>When forwarding setting. Remember to use the Save changes button.
  • Or you can set this for a particular message (during a reply or forward) using the Attach original message checkbox at the bottom of the Compose screen.
  • The complete original message (including full headers) will be sent to the destination as an attachment to that message.
You can also simply cut/paste the full headers into a message you are composing. Display the full headers in the original message, then select and copy the full headers in the normal fashion (click at the start and drag to the end and use CTL-C to copy). Then select Compose, click in the body area, and use CTL-V to paste the full headers you copied.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2009, 01:52 AM   #3
dragon1
Cornerstone of the Community

Thanks, Bill. Seems to have worked okay.

Have a good day.

~Janet
dragon1 is offline   Reply With Quote