EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 4 Feb 2012, 04:13 AM   #1
drew
The "e" in e-mail

zoho email service gets Push Mail And Mobile Sync

I guess all of you already know but in case somebody have
missed it here is a link to their text about it.
http://blogs.zoho.com/announcing-zoh...obile-devices/
Quote:
Today, we are glad to announce the release of Zoho Sync for mobile devices. You can now get automatic notifications PUSHed to your mobile phone or tablet when new emails arrive and your device’s local mail, contacts and calendar applications will sync with the web client in real time.
Thanks to Janusz post below mine. He found this important "Note"
Quote:
Note: Zoho Sync support will be available only to users under the Standard 15GB email hosting plan.
If something sounds too good to be for free then it most likely do cost money.
So my bad that I did not read that part.

Last edited by drew : 4 Feb 2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: missed an important info now included
drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Feb 2012, 05:33 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Caveat (from the same source):
Quote:
During our in-house tests, the syncing was smooth on the iPhone, iPad and Windows mobile devices. However, we did experience issues with certain models of Android phones. This is because of limitations induced by the customized Android versions shipped by the individual mobile makers and we are continuously working on overcoming them.
[...]
Note: Zoho Sync support will be available only to users under the Standard 15GB email hosting plan.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2012, 06:21 AM   #3
drew
The "e" in e-mail

My bad. Good catch. Sad that they don't tell that in an obvious way
even to lazy reader as I am.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 01:59 PM   #4
estephan500

Can someone tell us about performance?

Can someone who has tried this tell us about it?

-- are they using IMAP IDLE or what method?

-- compared to other email providers, what is the difference?

-- my specific interest: when this service is used on iOS mail client... Does it do a better job of pushing emails... Even if say more than 25 or 35 minutes has passed since the last time you checked your email?
estephan500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 02:43 PM   #5
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
One of my domain has been using zoho email.
They are excellent I mus say.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2012, 07:46 AM   #6
estephan500

About push I mean

What I meant above is could someone tell us if real push has functioned for those with that specific plan. If they can verify that push works even after you have been away from the client.
estephan500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2012, 11:40 AM   #7
cptlo306
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by estephan500 View Post
What I meant above is could someone tell us if real push has functioned for those with that specific plan. If they can verify that push works even after you have been away from the client.
Yes, push works just as it does with any other Activesync server (Exchange, etc). I tested it for a short while and it was very fast but it did have a couple formatting problems on my iPhone.
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2012, 12:26 AM   #8
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
One of my domain has been using zoho email.
They are excellent I mus say.
Do you use the free version of Zoho or the paid one? And what precisely is making them so excellent in your opinion?

Lately it seems Zoho is becoming about the most talked about provider on the forum AND with the vast majority of comments being overtly positive. Too bad they have no reps on the forum.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jun 2012, 07:38 AM   #9
syood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Do you use the free version of Zoho or the paid one? And what precisely is making them so excellent in your opinion?

Lately it seems Zoho is becoming about the most talked about provider on the forum AND with the vast majority of comments being overtly positive. Too bad they have no reps on the forum.
I know the question wasn't directed to me, but I've been using the free account for quite a while now and love it. Had to get away from over-reliance on Google products. Now no more Gmail other than logging in every now and then just to keep my couple of accounts alive. If Zoho discontinues the free accounts, I'd happily pay. And yep, too bad there doesn't seem to be a Zoho rep around here (I'm a frequent lurker, infrequent commenter).
syood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2012, 03:00 AM   #10
Cory
Essential Contributor

I know this is an old thread but Zoho Push is now available for all business accounts (including the free plan). Just found this out today when I was testing Zoho .
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2012, 03:12 AM   #11
peter_x

Oh, fantastic news, Cory! Thanks for the heads-up.
peter_x is offline   Reply With Quote