EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 24 Apr 2013, 01:15 PM   #1
natedawg

Mass Tag Emails ?

Hi All,

I've only recently signed up to runbox after years of juggling too many email accounts. I'm in the process of consolidating emails from various accounts into my runbox account and I've come into a bit of a road block.

I'd like to tag each email according to the account it’s originally from. i.e. "Yahoo" or "Gmail" so when I'm looking in each folder I know without clicking on the email where it’s originally from and where it was sent to.

The only way I seem to be able tag is by clicking on each email and tagging one by one.

Is there a way to mass tag emails ? I'd like to be able to tag all my Yahoo etc emails as such before moving them into my folders.

Sorry if this is a silly question and I'm missing something blaringly obvious.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Apr 2013, 06:05 PM   #2
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi natedawg,

I can understand what you want to do but at the moment there isn't a way to do this. We plan to add a tag management feature in the future and it could be that we will add exactly what you are talking about at that point. I agree it would be extremely useful. Unfortunately I can't think of an easy way to do this at the moment. Sorry.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2013, 09:01 PM   #3
natedawg

Thanks for your response dbowdley.

I'm glad to hear something like I desire is proposed. Such tagging functionality would prove invaluable for effective email management.

This along with a few more of already proposed functionality additions makes Runbox, currently a great service for me, into a perfect service.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 09:56 PM   #4
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Yes, I completely agree about tagging. We could do a lot more with this in the future and will be looking to maximise its usefulness. Please feel free to make further suggestions in case there are any we haven't thought of.
Old 12 May 2013, 07:34 PM   #5
natedawg

Re Tags there is something else I've discovered that I'm not sure if i'm missing something on.

I created a tag that I don't want to use but there doesn't seem to be any way to delete this unwanted tag ?

Also in regard to moving messages, I understand the drag and drop method but this is a real problem with my folder management, I struggle to move my messages around. If I have three messages that I want to move and the folder is located a page down the screen I just can't move them as a group. I'm assuming you once had a drop down box option (Like yahoo, gmail, outlook etc) before implementing this, if so do you plan on bringing this back ?
Old 23 May 2013, 10:02 PM   #6
marc_otten
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedawg View Post
Re Tags there is something else I've discovered that I'm not sure if i'm missing something on.

I created a tag that I don't want to use but there doesn't seem to be any way to delete this unwanted tag ?

Also in regard to moving messages, I understand the drag and drop method but this is a real problem with my folder management, I struggle to move my messages around. If I have three messages that I want to move and the folder is located a page down the screen I just can't move them as a group. I'm assuming you once had a drop down box option (Like yahoo, gmail, outlook etc) before implementing this, if so do you plan on bringing this back ?
I ran into the same problem...is there a way to delete unwanted tags?
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 05:54 AM   #7
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
There isn't currently a way to manage tags. We realise that this is a very much needed feature and we will be adding this sort of functionality.

When I drag and drop my browser autoscrolls down the page if I need to move messages to a folder lower down. However, if this doesn't work for you there is still the option to select the message and the folder in the RMM6 Basic interface. You can switch between these interfaces using the button on the left under the folder structure.

I hope this helps.
Old 24 May 2013, 07:09 AM   #8
vazwaz

Why does it take Runbox so long to implement changes/new features ?
vazwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2013, 02:32 AM   #9
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Over the last few years much of our time has been spent setting up the new company (Runbox Solutions AS) that acquired the Runbox services from the old company. Runbox Solutions AS is a largely employee-owned company and the staff who you hear from on these forums are now in charge of the business and the day-to-day operations. This is a big change from how the old company was run.

For the past two years we have worked closely with our new partner Copyleft Solutions to upgrade our hardware and software platform. We now have improved redundancy, reliability and layers of security to ensure we stay up to date and go beyond what is expected of an email provider.

During this time much of our resources have gone in to system platform improvements and we have had to prioritise our resources carefully. This has not allowed for the level of visible feature development that might have been desired.

However, we have recently launched Runbox 6, which besides a few obvious enhancements is a newly coded version of the interface that will be easier to update with new features. There are also significant performance enhancements, as a number of Runbox members have commented on.

Throughout this period our primary aim was to run a sustainable and growing business. Runbox has an increasing number of members and this will allow us to increase the resources we have at our disposal. As the major work on the platform transitions to a phase of routine maintenance and incremental expansions, more time will be freed up to focus on new developments.

We are always open to questions about Runbox and its plans and will try to answer as many as possible as openly as we can.