EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Dec 2020, 07:33 AM   #1
festus77

M1 Macbook & IOS Fastmail app

Has anyone had any success getting the IOS Fastmail app to work on the new M1 Macbooks with ARM architecture? I've heard of other folks getting other IOS apps working with the M1, but haven't tried it myself. I assume it's not supported though. I was hoping that Fastmail would have been working on porting the app ever since ARM was announced, but a month or so later --- crickets.

I put in a support ticket asking about this, but was told "I'm afraid this is not on our immediate roadmap, however it may be something we work on down the line. As such, I have shared this with our development team. Please note that we're unable to offer any timeline as to if or when this could be implemented."

As much as I like the Fastmail webpage, I would much rather have a dedicated app - like the IOS Fastmail app.

Thanks festus
festus77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Dec 2020, 09:20 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Fmail is working great.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2020, 09:56 AM   #3
festus77

Thanks Berenburger - never heard of it!!! Downloaded and checking it out now. Looks nice, supports multiple labels, and if I had just seen someone else using it before now, I'd swear it was Fastmail.

Thanks sooooo much,
festus
Old 23 Dec 2020, 10:16 AM   #4
festus77

Berenburger - have you found the auto dark/light mode works? I find no option in preferences for it, but their website says it's automatic.

Everything else on my system switches fine.

festus

Last edited by festus77 : 23 Dec 2020 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 03:01 AM   #5
dianamill
= Permanently banned =

I am using Fmail for fast mailing. I have downloaded it from okaapps.com. You can find there a lot of useful apps like Fmail. Almost all of the apps I am using for works are downloaded from that website. Most of all, I like the task manager. I often forget to do something, especially on busy days, so I introduce all I have to do that day to the task manager, and every time I finish a task, I mark it in the app. Also, the unzipping app is working great. It takes a second to unzip a file that has more than three gigabytes.

Last edited by dianamill : 13 Sep 2021 at 09:26 PM.
dianamill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2021, 04:10 AM   #6
JamesHenderson
Cornerstone of the Community

I use both FMail and Fastmate (different accounts - I know you can switch, but I find this easier somehow).

One is slightly better a printing and the other is slightly better at notifications (can't remember which is which though).

[edit: should clarify that I am on an M1 iMac]
JamesHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2021, 04:11 AM   #7
JamesHenderson
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianamill View Post
Dark mode works now?
Yes! ...but I am on an M1 iMac.
JamesHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote