EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 3 Aug 2022, 06:53 AM   #1
InquiringMind

Which Email Services Allow Subfolders ?

Hello Everyone,

I know that some of you have tried dozens and dozens of different email providers, so I was wondering if anyone had some idea of which email services allow for subfolders ?

Myself, I know that Fastmail allows folders and subfolders (even under the Sent Folder, which is great for getting the recipient email name to display and be sortable).

But I was wondering what other email services offer the feature of folders and subfolders?

Thanks.
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Aug 2022, 05:56 PM   #2
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

I'd be surprised if the underlying IMAP server disallowed it, anywhere. But perhaps limited-functionality webmail systems might be the problem?

Apart from having around half my email processed by Fastmail, I have the other half handled by a different provider who use the Roundcube webmail system. Theirs is not particularly uptodate (v1.4.13) but it certainly allows sub-folders; each time you define a new folder it asks which folder should be the parent one. I've never hit a limit trying to create a deeply nested subfolder, but then again I've not yet tried to nest more than 3 or 4 levels down.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Aug 2022, 04:07 AM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Runbox allows subfolders.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Aug 2022, 04:18 AM   #4
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Vivaldi.net does also. https://webmail.vivaldi.net/

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Aug 2022, 12:20 PM   #5
InquiringMind

Thank you, all.

I did not know if it was rare or common.

Back when I had an Inbox.com account, they told me that they did not support any type of subfolder. It made it very hard to search for or sort through sent emails. Inbox.com also did not provide any Push Notifications.

But from what people are posting in response to my query, it seems like Subfolders are not that rare a feature.

Thanks.
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote