EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 20 Mar 2018, 11:18 PM   #1
adam1991

IMAP misbehaving

I use webmail--RMM6--and it works fine. On my phone I use the K-9 client software with IMAP, and it's always worked very well.

Just today I noticed that K-9 is not updating the inbox list properly. I'll make changes in webmail, but K-9 refuses to acknowledge those changes when I do a manual refresh.

I *think* this is a K-9 problem, as it *does* reflect the changes during its automatic every 5 minute refresh. It seems to be my manual refreshes in between that are having no effect on the K-9 inbox list.

It seems to work the other way just fine--changes I make in the K-9 client are immediately reflected if I refresh RMM6 webmail.

This is brand new behavior, and I don't *think* I've gotten any recent updates to K-9, but I can't be sure.

Just thought I'd let you know, just in case.
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Mar 2018, 01:03 AM   #2
adam1991

More information:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...il/m2lFLOvISt0

does this make sense?

EDIT: after doing a manual refresh and having it not sync correctly, I did what the author of that second post said: in K-9, I changed the state of an email from unread to read and then did an immediate manual refresh, and it synchronized correctly.
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2018, 08:51 PM   #3
mekitron

I don't use K9 mail, however, I would prefer the paid version of Maildroid on Android. It does lot of things which my Blackberry 10 is doing, but it is coming to the EOL.
mekitron is offline   Reply With Quote