EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 21 Apr 2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Drencrom
Master of the @

Exclamation FM doesn't receive mail sent from FM

Something strange is going on. When I send a test message to myself from the FM web interface of my enhanced account - it doesn't arrive, whether I use one of my domains (each one has a catch-all alias) or one of my FM aliases in the To: field, or even when I send the message to my other Ad free account - it never arrives. The same happens when I use the web interface of my Ad free account and send a test message to my enhanced account - there is nothing. The messages are saved in the Sent folder and that's it (whether I use classic or new interface - the result is the same). When I use some other email service or I use TheBat! and not the web interface - the test messages arrive just fine the very same second, whether it is addressed to my domains or FM aliases.

And not only that, whenever I hit Send in the new web interface, I have to look at the tiny pop up window Sending... for about thirty seconds even if the message is only 1 Kb. If I use the Classic interface - I still have to wait for thirty seconds or something. Not fast at all! What's happening? Could anyone please try to do the same and post the results.

Update: all test messages arrived just now, with the delay of 2 hours.

Last edited by Drencrom : 21 Apr 2013 at 03:26 PM.
Drencrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Apr 2013, 03:32 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Likely the messages were grey listed, as they were suspected as being spam, though I don't use Fastmail much myself, these days.
David is offline   Reply With Quote