EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 7 Apr 2016, 10:18 AM   #1
scott2020

SmarterMail

Hi,
I have been playing a little with a paid account at Newtek Webhosting, who hosts SmarterMail in a shared environment. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with them. They seem to have been around for awhile. The SmarterMail interface is nice, but Newtek doesn't offer ActiveSync even though the software does have it as an option. The Cyren spam filter has been very good so far. Thanks for any feedback.
scott2020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Apr 2016, 10:43 PM   #2
unlocktheinbox

Scott,

I've been using Smartermail for 5 years - I really haven't had too many issues and yes the interface is nice, sometimes on IE it's a little flakey, but with compatibility mode it's solid.

They are always making improvements and upgrades to it and seem to be on a monthly release cycle with updates, which is a plus.

It's easy to configure and setup and has a good community behind it that can answer questions you might have. I think it's the best option out there for windows users that don't have an exchange environment.
unlocktheinbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2016, 06:50 PM   #3
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Do you need something like an exchange hosted email account?

Can I suggest looking at www.cloudscentric.com as they offer activesync enabled options and are very good value for money if you choose the right options.

I use them myself and are very helpful with support, but they do have Exchnage 2007 if I am remembering correctly at a couple of pound a month for around 50gb of storage and everything you need in relation to the sync options.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote