EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 16 Sep 2018, 09:00 PM   #16
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Where I live pest are part of the environment. At any given time we have ants, termites, spiders, lizards, mice, snakes, frogs, etc. To date, have never found snakes or frogs inside, except when my son was younger he put a frog in the toilet in our bedroom <grin>. Just the other day, I saw a big centipede, that the first I've seem on the 15 years I've lived here. We have a few feral cats that hang out, they take care of the snakes it seems and leave them at the back door a proof I guess.

We keep them at bay buy not giving them food. Put things in containers or the refrigerator. We use clothes pins to close bags. Washing dishes right away, that sort of thing. We have a rule no eating in bed rooms. The lizards (small geckos) we leave alone, some spiders too unless they get in places we don't want them. Mice, well I won't say how we take care of them; but does the job.

If you hate bugs, the Philippines is probably not the place for you.

For mosquito a good fan does a good job, we use mosquito coils too. Not a fan of thing that attract bugs, so we do not use those things.

Not to long ago some ants setup shop in my internet providers modem. Took it outside, took it apart and brushed them out. A little baygon to finish them off. We have some big red ants that hangout in our mango tree, they build a leaf nest, never seem them in the house. We leave them alone, they leave us alone. <grin> For most bug we us baygon, with ants, follow the trail, get them at the source.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2018, 10:20 PM   #17
ruby77

Hello,

Can I use orange oil spray for pest control? I believe in natural pest control remedies.
Suggest me the right way
Thanks In Advance
ruby77 is offline   Reply With Quote