EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 25 Mar 2006, 01:15 PM   #16
btn
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Everyone.net
Quote:
Originally posted by pacmed
i sent out a circular to about 100 or so people on my list, and the following day i cant get in...... there are a few people who may want my contacts (the list is all BCC so they wont get them)
Hi pacmed. I'm just posting this note to let other EMD readers know that this specific issue was resolved today.

(A moderator may or may not want to merge this thread with the other one at http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...hreadid=42105.
btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2012, 12:39 AM   #17
pacmed

I have been suspended yet again, with no reason given. I only use the email account for personal use, and send less than 10 emails a day, so am surely unlikely to have appeared to be spamming.... this really couldnt come at a worse time.

The above user appears to have been inactive for 5 years, anyone know who else I can contact?
pacmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2012, 01:10 AM   #18
Jerry
Essential Contributor

http://www.everyone.net/email-company/contact.html

(K.St sending and receiving is working fine for me today as I write this.)

Jerry
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2012, 01:20 AM   #19
pacmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post

(K.St sending and receiving is working fine for me today as I write this.)

Jerry
Thanks, have emailed though I guess it will be some time. Meanwhile, tearing my hair out needing to access emails....

I'm sure the site is working fine, just seems to have something against me.

Might have to look at moving at this rate... annoying as I pretty much organise my life from that account.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 11:05 PM   #20
pacmed

access was restored back in April after a few days.... now its showing me the account suspended message again.............
Old 17 Nov 2012, 12:35 AM   #21
Jerry
Essential Contributor

Still working fine for me today. Everyone.net recently enforced a requirement for "secure" passwords. Did you do your password upgrade within the 14-day window that was offered?
Old 21 May 2013, 08:43 PM   #22
walkman1943

Setting up pop3 and smtp in K.st

Hi
As a newbie to this forum and also to K.st I'm having difficulty finding details of the above settings. Can anyone help please ASAP? Thanks so much.
Gerald
walkman1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2013, 08:49 PM   #23
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

There is no POP or SMTP for free k.st accounts: http://mail.k.st/email/scripts/serviceMenu.pl?user=new
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2015, 12:43 AM   #24
pacmed

apparently www.k.st is closing down on 1st April.

This has been my only email account for over a decade, and I have thousands of essential messages, not to mention it is registered with hundreds of companies I use.

I'm trying to work out how I'll sort this out, if anyone has any ideas how I could shift the contents of my acount in the absence of POP I'd be very greatful...
Old 14 Mar 2015, 01:13 AM   #25
Jerry
Essential Contributor

Some Random Ideas . . .

Normally, EVERYONE.NET users are allowed to "upgrade" (for an annual fee) their service to include POP and IMAP, which would allow you to migrate your stored mail to another service. However, it seems this "upgrade" option has been disabled on the K.ST "options" page.

If you like the EVERYONE.NET interface you are used to, there are almost 15,000 other free email addresses operated by the EVERYONE.NET company. To find another provider, try typing "POWERED BY EVERYONE.NET" (include the quotation marks) into a GOOGLE search box, and you'll get a list of the SIGN IN/SIGN UP pages for all the other EVERYONE.NET clients.

If you like short URL names, check out this thread
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=14671

You might trying contacting the EVERYONE.NET company to see if they will sell you an upgrade to allow you to migrate your mail before April 1st. Try the "sales" email address listed on this page:

If all your attempts fail to migrate your existing mail, you will probably be able to continue to access your old mail after April 1st by logging in at this URL:
http://kst.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/loginuser.pl
but you won't be able to send, receive, or forward any mail from that account. If you need to retrieve a particular old message, you can open it using the above link, then use your browser's SAVE AS feature to save the page as a text file to your desktop.

Be sure to log in to your old account at least once every 30 days using the "work around" URL above to keep your account "active." Otherwise, EVERYONE.NET will automatically delete all your old mail due to "inactivity".

Good luck.

Jerry
Old 14 Mar 2015, 07:32 AM   #26
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Does everyone.net still have an inactivity limit of just 30 days? Or is this only valid for those services that are discontinued?

Haven't used everyone.net services in ages, but one thing they deserve kudos for: allowing users to still access their stored emails even when the domain isn't active anymore. I don't think this has ever been the case with domains hosted by Live/Hotmail/MSN or Google Apps...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2015, 08:57 AM   #27
Jerry
Essential Contributor

An "inactivity limit" is definitely imposed, even on "active domains." The official rule is "30 days," but I have reason to believe it is somewhat longer than that. I log in (only) once a month during the first week of the month on my backup account, and I'm sure I've been away several days more than 30 days on several occasions and I haven't had my folders purged. I let one account sit unattended for a year and it was purged of old messages, but the account was not deleted.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 11:07 AM   #28
patinchuot1

hi

I am suffering from this problem, experts have any help?
homemate | Showsiteinfo

Last edited by patinchuot1 : 21 Mar 2015 at 03:44 PM.
patinchuot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2015, 08:30 AM   #29
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
30 days inactivity limit is not of this era really. Gmail has 9 months, Live/Hotmail/Outlook even 12 months I believe, ... 30 days inactivity limits, that's like being stuck in the pre-Gmail days. For that reason alone I'd be wary to use them. A long haul travel in a rural country with little internet connection spots and you could end up in trouble to not lose your email address ...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2015, 10:33 AM   #30
Jerry
Essential Contributor

This won't surprise you

I failed to mention that one can upgrade one's free account to a paid account and not have to worry about logging in every 30 days while one is traveling in a rural country.

BTW, you won't lose your email ADDRESS ever -- only your stored messages.